The post holder will be required to:
• Provide patient focused sub specialty services in Gastroenterology and ensure optimal clinical care of patients in the department in line with the clinical privileges granted.
• Work within a multidisciplinary team with a personalized and caring attitude.
Provide leadership, supervision and support to the junior clinical staff (doctors & nurses)
• Help develop, and participate in, a postgraduate training program.
• Diagnoses and treats gastrointestinal diseases of both inpatients and outpatients on both an elective and emergency basis, using appropriate methods in keeping with generally accepted professional standards in the speciality.
• Is required to provide emergency out-of-hours coverage for his/her own patients and in addition will support the general internal medicine services for emergency admissions on a rotational basis, during evenings, nights, holidays, weekends and contractual leave periods.
• Assists other speciality units like ICU and ER in patient management when required to do so.
• Consults with and is consultant to all other members of medical staff as required.
• Ensures optimal documentation and medical handover of patient care when required (for example at weekends or periods of leave).
• To serve on hospital committees as requested.
• To attend departmental & medical staff meetings as scheduled.
• Such other duties as are reasonably requested by the Head of Department or Chief Medical Officer.
• To participate in change management programmes within the organisation.
• To participate and lead in improvement initiatives within the department.
• To deal appropriately with complaints when necessary.
• To assess risk, report incidents and to participate in Risk Management processes.
• To promote efficient and effective communication within the organisation.
• To foster interdepartmental liaison.
• To demonstrate and affirm a commitment to Continuing Medical Education (CME)
• To maintain the postgraduate training program.
• To participate in regular, multidisciplinary team clinical case reviews.
• To participate in the hospital Mandatory Training Program.
PROFESSIONAL/ PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• To review with the Departmental Head, adverse events, problem incidents and complaints, and explore all opportunities to improve the quality of care and provide recommendations in regard to risk management.
• To participate in a quality assurance program for the internal medicine services and develop and monitor clinical indicators.
• To lead and participate in morbidity and mortality meetings and their respective committees.
• To assist the Departmental Head in developing best practice guidelines and protocols.
• To attend mandatory in-service education.
• To commit to the hospital’s Employee Code of Conduct
• The post holder will be expected to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Health and Safety regulations of the hospital.
CONFIDENTIALITY and DATA MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
• All employees of Al Zahra Hospital are required to maintain the confidentiality of patients, their families and members of staff in accordance with hospital policies.
• Employees of Al Zara Hospital are legally responsible for all records gathered, created or used in the line of work. Confidentiality, security and integrity of date are required in accordance with hospital policies.
MBBS or equivalent
FRCP* or equivalent
Minimum 5 years post specialization in Gastroenterology
Personal Abilities / Competencies:
Critical decision making skills
Strong customer service ethic
Good interpersonal and communication skills
License / Registration:
Valid DHA / MOH / HAAD license