To work within the nursing and multi-professional team to ensure a high standard of care to a defined patient group as directed by the Clinical Nurse Manager. Competently perform the necessary technical and physical aspects of care for this defined patient group. According to the changing needs of service in AZHD, the post holder could be required to work in other nursing areas.
SCOPE AND RANGE
• Participates in the setting, implementation and evaluation of standards of nursing practice.
• Required to supervise qualified and unqualified staff.
• If suitably experienced, may lead a team of nurses as shift coordinator, however will have no direct line management responsibility.
• No direct budgetary responsibilities.
• Ensure effective day-to-day management of other resources including supplies, pharmacy, equipment, billing and coordinating insurance requests
• Responsible to the CNM for clinical guidance, professional management, work review and formal appraisal of performance.
• Ability to organize own workload with regards to assessing patient needs, planning, implementation and evaluation of a programme of care which is evidence based utilizing all available resources taking into consideration the lifestyle, gender and cultural background medical condition to ensure involvement with the patient, family, cares and significant others.
• Ensuring that all patients and their families feel cared for and cared about.
• Organize own workload to ensure that the interests of the patients are met
• Maintain patient records in line with AZHD guidelines for records and record keeping
• IV pumps
• Cardiac monitors
• Negative Pressure Dressings
• 12 lead ECG
• gluco meter
• Registered Nurse
• BLS certification
• Take responsibility for personal continuing professional development in order to enhance knowledge, skills and values needed for safe effective practice ensuring a high standard of patient care is met.
• The skills and competencies associated with post registration experience with the ability to understand the need to practice within the Legal & Ethical framework as established by Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) UAE and National Legislation to ensure patient safety, confidentiality, interests and well-being.