This position IT Sr. Clinical Systems Analyst, supports, manages enhancements, acquisitions and implementations of clinical computer application systems as directed by management. Manages all activities of small to large size information systems projects including implementation on time, within budget, and coordination of the project team. Plans, manages and guides projects, utilizing standard I. S. Methodology, which implement computer application systems which satisfy strategic, customer and regulatory requirements. Impartially analyzes new and/or possible software enhancements identifying present and future business needs. Works with customers to ensure modifications are appropriate and are consistent with established I. S. standards. Provides clear and concise training and documentation on operational processes. Meets with customers, internal and external, assuring documentation is clear and understood. Analyzes identify, evaluates and documents customer needs and current applications to determine system requirements and ensure future needs for patient care, regulatory requirements and daily operations are met. Analyzes present processes/programs for enhancements to improve data integrity. Provides operational support for applications including data integrity, maintenance, and training and vendor interaction. Assists customers in satisfying both ad-hoc and ongoing information needs. Demonstrates detail level knowledge of applications relating to assigned business areas. Responsible for timely and accurate problem resolution. Utilizes standard documentation and the Help Desk System as daily tools. Escalates problems to suitable resources, I. e., vendor, I. S. Management, when required to assure timely resolution.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work collaboratively with the end user for EMAR, EHR teams, informatics and IT to meet organizational objectives and to ensure that the system is continuously innovating and improving
• Under minimal supervision the candidate performs job functions in a professional manner with a high level of expertise
• Sole responsibility for organizing, planning, training, executing, controlling, implementing and evaluating processes related to the electronic health record (EHR), which includes the enterprise practice management (IP EHR/ OP EHR), electronic medical record (EMR).
• Supporting Laboratory and radiology information system.
• Supporting online document management system.
• Good understanding of IP/ OP Billing cycle.
• Provides information for staff and various committees guiding the design, implementation and maintenance of application and system specifications and processes. Participates in task forces to plan, implement, and coordinate facility activities to maximize information technology service quality, effectiveness and efficiency. The incumbent will act as a liaison, proactively garnering input from clinical ‘customers’ and translating that input into specific functional requirements to be implemented.
• Participates in the preparation of fully integrated testing scenarios. Analyzes information systems across multiple levels and states and their relationships. Provides information to be taken into account as part of the comprehensive testing plans.
• Identifies, investigates, tracks, and resolves minor project, system or hospital application errors ensuring the solution is timely and of acceptable quality.
• Participates in the designs of end-user training and curriculum for applications and systems. Participates in the initial rollout and ongoing training of the user community.
• Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
• Minimum 4 years in healthcare related field, using information technology in daily operations.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a large, complex healthcare technology environment required.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in healthcare business analysis.
• The ability to build ad-hoc EMAR/EHR reports for end users with Crystal report/ SSRS reporting module.
• Basic understanding of CPT, LOINC, ICD, HICPAC codes.
• Understanding of Clinical workflows (SOAP).
• Knowledge of or equivalent experience in System Analysis and SDLC.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Organization skills demonstrating the ability to work independently and efficiently.
• Working knowledge of HL7, SQL, database structure and reporting techniques and tools.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated customer service methodology and accountability.