- Follows daily assignment as prepared by the Manager or prepares the daily assignment for the staff in the absence of the Manager.
- Ensures adequate safety measures are observed in the handling of equipment.
- Receive, check, sort, clean and dry instruments and be aware of the inspection and testing of equipment policy.
- Understand and follow the correct cleaning, packing and sealing procedure for instruments for steam autoclave and Sterrad low temperature sterilization.
- Perform routine inspections and test equipment for wear and tear.
- Competent / Understands load and distribute items in the steam autoclave and sterrad gas plasma in accordance with the manufacturer guidelines.
- Follows the Hospital Infection Control recommendations.
- Participates, when requested to do so, in the activities of the Patient Care services and supports and encourage other hospital staff to do so.
- Accepts the Director of Nursing or the nurse supervisor’s decision to assume other responsibilities as necessary and available on call for emergencies.
- Accountability and Adaptability
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for self.
- Performs competently in new situations.
- Performs competently in emergencies.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field
Personal Abilities / Competencies:
- Critical decision making skills
- Strong customer service ethic
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
License / Registration:
- Valid DHA /DHA Eligibility Letter as CSSD Technician