To work within the nursing and multi-professional team to ensure a high standard of care to a defined patient group as directed by the Clinical Nurse Manager. Competently perform the necessary technical and physical aspects of care for this defined patient group. According to the changing needs of service in AZHD, the post holder could be required to work in other nursing areas.
SCOPE AND RANGE
- Participates in the setting, implementation and evaluation of standards of nursing practice.
- Required to supervise qualified and unqualified staff.
- If suitably experienced, may lead a team of nurses as shift coordinator, however will have no direct line management responsibility.
- No direct budgetary responsibilities.
- Ensure effective day-to-day management of other resources including supplies, pharmacy, equipment, billing and coordinating insurance requests
- Responsible to the CNM for clinical guidance, professional management, work review and formal appraisal of performance.
- Ability to organize own workload with regards to assessing patient needs, planning, implementation and evaluation of a programme of care which is evidence based utilizing all available resources taking into consideration the lifestyle, gender and cultural background medical condition to ensure involvement with the patient, family, cares and significant others.
- Ensuring that all patients and their families feel cared for and cared about.
- Organize own workload to ensure that the interests of the patients are met
- Maintain patient records in line with AZHD guidelines for records and record keeping
- IV pumps
- Cardiac monitors
- Negative Pressure Dressings
- 12 lead ECG
- gluco meter
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- BLS certification
Knowledge / Technical Skills:
- Care Delivery,
- Involvement of Patient and Family in Care,
- Health Promotion and Health Protection,
- Maintenance of Care Records,
- Management of Resources in a Cost-Efficient Manner
Personal Abilities / Competencies:
- Team work
- Client Orientation
- Safety awareness
License / Registration:
• Valid DHA Nursing License / Eligibility Letter