An Indian lady suffering from a rare swallowing disorder has found relief at a Dubai hospital after years of discomfort and pain. For more than
Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty – ESG
Weight loss surgery without surgery
Same benefits without surgical risk.
Restrictive operations like the Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty make the stomach smaller, helping people lose weight.
The Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty is a non-surgical procedure performed through an endoscopic suture device to minimize the size of the stomach which leads to a decrease in appetite and feeling fuller for a longer time. The benefits of the ESG are that it is non-surgical, avoiding any incisions and scarring, leading to a reduced risk in complications, and resulting in quick recovery.
The procedure matches closely the results of the Gastric Sleeve, however, it is performed differently.
Benefits of ESG
- No surgical intervention
- Faster recovery time
- Minimal Risk
- 1 day hospitalization
- Similar results to Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Lose 15 to 22% of body weight – Better results than gastric balloon without surgery.
- Permanent weight loss procedure
- For people with BMI of 30 and above
How is ESG Carried out?
This method is considered safer, as it is without surgery. due to it not requiring any surgery. It is performed under general anesthesia with a camera inserted through the mouth to the stomach also known as endoscope. After confirming that it is secure to complete the procedure, sutures are placed in the stomach. This changes the shape of your stomach and minimizes its size, restricting the amount food intake.
Who is Eligible for ESG
Patients with BMI 30 and above could be suitable for this procedure however an in depth medical examination will be carried out before any decision is taken.
While the procedure gives rapid results with 15 to22 % of total body weight loss, it is also important to understand that a healthy lifestyle in combination with the procedure will ensure permanent and long term weight loss results.
Please fill the below details, and one of our representatives will call you shortly.
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Girish Juneja is a leading bariatric/laparoscopic surgeon with 30+ years of surgical experience. He specializes in advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgery, he is a Certified Surgeon of excellence for bariatric and metabolic surgery by IFSO. Dr. Juneja had his basic & advanced laparoscopic training from nine wells medical college UK , diploma in minimal access (laparoscopic) surgery from France. Did his fellowship in bariatric surgery from Netherland & is also a international fellow of ASMBS, USA.
Blogs, guides, videos and other downloadable resources