ENT – Snoring Clinic
Snoring & Sleep Apnea Clinic
At AZHD, we offer integrated services in the treatment of sleep disorders related to snoring & sleep apnea.
Is Snoring Bothering You?
One in three families suffer from loud sleepers, which can seriously influence their everyday lives. If left untreated, snoring can cause significant health issues such as high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, stroke, headaches and daytime fatigue, leading to negative impacts on the quality of life.
When Should you be Worried?
You should consider seeing a doctor if you experience the following:
• Daytime sleepiness
• Choking/pauses in breathing during sleep
• Loud and irregular snoring
• Severe morning headaches
• Excessive night sweats
Snoring Assessment at AZHD
We undertake some or all of the following investigations where diagnosing your snoring problems:
• General snoring assessment
• Mapping your upper airway by the flexible pencil-sized camera
• Sleep study – either home or in the hospital
After reviewing the test results we will be able to give you a personalized management plan.
Do not forget if the snoring is left untreated, it can cause significant health issues leading to life and job impairment!
“Apnea” means “without breath”, and Obstructive Sleep Apnea happens when something partly or completely blocks your upper airway during sleep. That makes your diaphragm and chest muscles work harder to open the obstructed airway and pull air into the lungs.
Most of us during sleep experience an occasional period without breath, however if it is more than 15 episodes per hour, it is considered excess and requires immediate medical attention.
How do I know if I have sleep Apnea?
Sleep Apnea Signs: Snoring, Gasping, Sleepiness
The three main warning signs of obstructive sleep apnea are:
• Loud, persistent snoring
• Pauses in breathing, accompanied with gasping episodes when sleeping
• Excessive sleepiness during waking hours
Surgical Treatment for Sleep Apnea
In most cases, the blocked or narrowed airway causes a massive soft tissue vibration which generates noise. The goal of the surgery is to identify the narrowest point and create smooth airflow to avoid turbulence.
Most Common Causes of Sleep Apnea
Some of the most common causes of sleep apnea include:
• Small or collapsing nostrils
• Deviated nasal septum
• Enlarged nasal turbinate and/or nasal polyps
• Large soft palate or uvula
• Obstruction at the back of the tongue
• Abnormality around the voice box
The location of the obstruction could be identified during your consultation with our doctors.
In most cases the obstruction is multifactorial, therefore surgical assessment will only be successful if it is followed by changing the lifestyle.
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Yahia Kabil is a Specialist ENT Surgeon with over 50 years of experience. He is an experienced ENT Surgeon with remarkable clinical practice in diagnosing and treating diseases of the ears, nose, sinuses, larynx, mouth and throat. He is affiliated to various medical associations including Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh and the British Association of Otorhinolaryngologists and Head and Neck Surgeons, U.K. Dr. Kabil has his Postgraduate training with extensive experience in eminent British hospitals in U.K from 1976 to 1998.
- Dr. Issam Alachkar is an European Board certified ENT Consultant with over 20 years of experience. He is an experienced Head and Neck Surgeon with remarkable clinical practice in diagnosing and treating diseases of the ears, nose, sinuses, larynx, mouth and throat and the structures of the neck and face. He is affliated to various medical associations including Inter-American Association of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery as well as Syrian Society of ENT and Head and Neck Surgery. He has attended many conferences, courses and symposia both local and international setting.
- Dr. Annelyse Ballin is a Brazilian Board Certified Otolaryngologist (ENT), with a fellowship in the USA focused on nasal surgeries and rhinoplasty. Committed to providing the best and most updated treatment to each patient, Dr. Annelyse participates and speaks in Medical Conferences, and has been publishing multiples articles in American Journals, as well as Medical Book chapters. Dr Annelyse has vast experience in all pediatric and adults general ENT subjects, such as nasal obstruction, nasal allergies, septal deviation, nasal deformities, facial pain, sinusitis, throat pain, voice disorders, cough, snoring, sleep apnea, hearing problems, ear problems, and enlarged tonsils.
Blogs, guides, videos and other downloadable resources
Simple Rare Procedure by Dubai Doctor Allows Newborn Child to Recognize his Parents for the First Time.
Ophthalmologist performs a simple but rare procedure on a new born child to cure Peters Anomaly and prevent blindness Pupilloplasty, a more effective treatment to