Gastric Balloon Procedures
Reversible temporary or permanent procedures
The treatment can last from 4 Months To 1 Year depending on Type of gastric balloon
It is a procedure without surgery (endoscopically/swallow able pill) indicated for patients who are either obese/overweight or have failed dieting attempts or unfit for surgery. The balloon partially fills the stomach and limits food intake, it gives you a feeling of satiety, making it easier to change eating habits & as a consequence, lose weight.
On average people lose between 20 and 30% of their excess weight with a gastric balloon but the amount of weight you lose and maintain will depend on how closely you follow your diet and adopt long-term lifestyle changes including regular exercise. However, the amount of weight lost by each patient will vary depending on an individual’s circumstance.
Latest Technology at our Bariatrics Department!!
No Anesthesia!! No Endoscopy!! No Surgical Removal!!
- The Elipse is the first liquid gastric balloon that can be inserted and removed without anesthesia or endoscopy.
- This pill balloon can be swallowed with a glass of water under x-ray supervised by a specialized doctor and then inflated in the stomach (with saline), 4 months later it will come out by itself when one uses the restroom.
- The Elipse Balloon empowers overweight and obese individuals (and their healthcare providers) to reclaim their health with a safe and effective weight loss tool.
- Swallowable pills
- 2 -3 Gas Balloons
- Endoscopically removed
- 6 months duration
The Obalon Balloon System is designed to assist weight loss by partially filling the stomach. The System consists of up to 2-3 intragastric balloons placed during a 2-3-weeks period. The balloons are swallowed, in that they are delivered via capsule. Each balloon is placed individually (one balloon every week). All balloons are removed 6 months after the first balloon was placed.
Advantages of Elipse & Obalon
- A brisk methodology of 10-15 minutes.
- No downtime required after the system and the patient can proceed to his/her normal working.
- Minimal or no reactions and no critical recuperation time.
Non-Surgical, Non Anatomy Altering Gastric Balloon
It is double balloon for extra safety, in case one balloon ruptures the other balloon does not allow it to go down in the intestine. Two balloons are connected to each other so the volume filled can be more, one of a kind & with personalized attention this type of balloon leads to maximum weight reduction.
Orbera 365 Balloon
- Endoscopically inserted & removed
- Liquid Balloon
- 1 Year duration
The unfilled gastric balloon is inserted into the stomach through the mouth and esophagus with the aid of an endoscopic camera. The procedure will be conducted under IV sedation. Using a fluid supply tube, the gastric balloon is then filled according to the size of the stomach (400-700cc) and the tube removed. The insertion of the gastric balloon takes between 10 to 15 minutes. You will be able to return home the same day after a period of recovery (2-4 hours approximately).
After 1 Year, an endoscopic camera is once again introduced into the stomach through the esophagus, the gastric balloon is then punctured, deflated, grasped with forceps and removed via mouth.
- Endoscopically placed and removed
- 1 year duration
- Re-adjustable gastric balloon _ the size of balloon can be increased or decreased endoscopically as per requirement
- Endoscopically inserted and removed
- Liquid Balloon
- 6 months duration
Endoscopic Gastric Botox
- Temporary procedure lasting 3-4 months
This is a very simple procedure in which injection of Botox is done into stomach muscles via the endoscope which leads to longer time for stomach emptying, therefore, reduction in food intake & weight loss
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Ali is a distinguished physician who has received the Dubai Health Care City Distinguished Excellence Physician Award in 2019 for his exceptional contribution in promoting advanced & complex surgery services in the UAE. He is widely renowned for providing compassionate care to his patients suffering from cancer and for his expertise in performing complex surgical procedures of the Thoracic (lung and chest), Upper GI (Stomach and Esophagus), and surgical oncology (Liver, Adrenal, Solid Organs & Sarcoma) cases in Dubai and the UAE.
- Dr. Al Rifai is an adjunct assistant professor in many international and national medical colleges. He is syrian board certified and member of royal college of surgeon in Ireland, with more than 25 years’ experience in the field of open and advanced laparoscopic surgery, and 20 years in bariatric surgery in several academic hospitals.
Blogs, guides, videos and other downloadable resources
Anal fistula is one of the most common proctologic disorders treated by colorectal surgeons and proctologists. Anal fistula is a tunnel, an abnormal communication
An Indian lady suffering from a rare swallowing disorder has found relief at a Dubai hospital after years of discomfort and pain. For more than