Water Birthing Services
Al Zahra Hospital Dubai Water Birthing Services
Our specialized water birthing team will be by your side the entire time making sure you are as relaxed and secure as ever.
What is water Birthing?
A water birth in the birthing process in which at least part of your labor, delivery, or both happen while you’re in a birthing pool filled with warm water.
If you are thinking of choosing water birthing while in labour, AZHD is the right facility
In 2013, Al Zahra Hospital Dubai was the first hospital in Dubai to pioneer water birthing. We have several pools for your convenience. A pool is located in our active birth room which is suitable for labour and birth in the water and three inflatable pools in our other rooms which are suitable for labour only.
Our specialized water birthing team will be by your side the entire time making sure you are as relaxed and secure as ever. We know that the more relaxed, secure and in control you feel and the more able you are to move about freely, the more likely it is that you will have a quicker and more straightforward birth.
Benefits of water birthing
Research shows that water birthing can provide a number of benefits for both the mothe and the baby including:
- More efficient uterine contractions and improved blood circulation resulting in better oxygenation of the uterine muscles, less pain for the mother, and more oxygen for the baby.
- Immersion in water often helps lower high blood pressure caused by anxiety.
- Increased sense of control
- Relaxing, secure and drug free experience
- Less need for pain relief as pain threshold appears increased
- The weight of the water makes you feel lighter and enables you to get into more comfortable positions for the final stages or keeping you lifted, giving you the advantage of working with gravity as your baby is born.
With integrated service offerings, we are fully equipped to handle any emergencies to ensure the safety and health of both the mother and the baby.
Please talk to our midwifery manager and your own obstetrician if you are interested in using water birthing as your preferred method of delivery. They will be able to give you more information and answer any further questions you may have.
We have compiled this information leaflet to give you and your partner some information about labour and birth in water. – Click here
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
Blogs, guides, videos and other downloadable resources
Welcome to your last phase of pregnancy! Your checkups will be once every 2 weeks till 36 weeks, then weekly till the delivery which is