Water Birthing Services
Al Zahra Hospital Dubai Water Birthing Services
Our specialized water birthing team will be by your side the entire time making sure you are as relaxed and secure as ever.
What is water Birthing?
A water birth in the birthing process in which at least part of your labor, delivery, or both happen while you’re in a birthing pool filled with warm water.
If you are thinking of choosing water birthing while in labour, AZHD is the right facility
In 2013, Al Zahra Hospital Dubai was the first hospital in Dubai to pioneer water birthing. We have several pools for your convenience. A pool is located in our active birth room which is suitable for labour and birth in the water and three inflatable pools in our other rooms which are suitable for labour only.
Our specialized water birthing team will be by your side the entire time making sure you are as relaxed and secure as ever. We know that the more relaxed, secure and in control you feel and the more able you are to move about freely, the more likely it is that you will have a quicker and more straightforward birth.
Benefits of water birthing
Research shows that water birthing can provide a number of benefits for both the mothe and the baby including:
- More efficient uterine contractions and improved blood circulation resulting in better oxygenation of the uterine muscles, less pain for the mother, and more oxygen for the baby.
- Immersion in water often helps lower high blood pressure caused by anxiety.
- Increased sense of control
- Relaxing, secure and drug free experience
- Less need for pain relief as pain threshold appears increased
- The weight of the water makes you feel lighter and enables you to get into more comfortable positions for the final stages or keeping you lifted, giving you the advantage of working with gravity as your baby is born.
With integrated service offerings, we are fully equipped to handle any emergencies to ensure the safety and health of both the mother and the baby.
Please talk to our midwifery manager and your own obstetrician if you are interested in using water birthing as your preferred method of delivery. They will be able to give you more information and answer any further questions you may have.
We have compiled this information leaflet to give you and your partner some information about labour and birth in water. – Click here
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Khaled Kouteich is a French Board-Certified Consultant in Gynecology, Graduated from Paris 5 University in 2002. He moved to U.A.E in 2009 and specializes in Gynecological Oncology. Known as one of the best Gynecological Oncologists in his field, Dr. Kouteich treats his patients through advanced medical care, respect & empathy.
- Dr. Soliman has over 30 years of experience in Obstetrics & Gynecology. She has extensive experience in the United Kingdom, Working there for over 15 Years. She had participated in teaching and examining medical students at Lancaster University, United Kingdom, and holds over 6 Years of experience in Saudia Arabia.
- High risk pregnancy management and delivery, Cervical cancer screening and colposcopy, Hysteroscopy- diagnostic and therapeutic, Laparoscopy Diagnosis and treatment – Ectopic Pregnancy, Ovarian cyst, Endometriosis, Hystrectomy, Benign Gynecological surgery- Abdominal / Vaginal hysterectomy and repair for prolapse.
- Dr. Nirmala has 25 years of experience in Obstetric sand Gynaecology with 20 + years of experience in UAE. Fellow of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (UK). Registered as Specialist with the Australian Medical Council. Certified in Ob/Gyn ultrasound from Jefferson University USA.
- Dr. Mustafa Aldam is a renowned specialist Obstetrician and Gynecologist with a successful track record over 12 years of experience dealing in a High Risk Pregnancies, acquiring his Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology from JMC.
- Dr. Rashad G. Haddad, is a French educated Obstetrician & Gynecologist. He obtained with Honors his ObGyn Board, and continued his sub-specialties and fellowships in Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy & Colposcopy as well as in Breast diseases and surgery, Ultrasound, Menopause, Sexual Medicine (Oxford, U.K ) Sexually Transmitted Diseases (WHO), Cosmetic Gynaecology and Aesthetic Medicine.
- Dr Avneesh Kour is a Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology (Fetal Medicine). She is working in Dubai for the past 14 years, focusing on fetal medicine for the last 11 years.
- Dr. Jozsa has 19 years of experience in Gynaecology and Obstetrics. He graduated from Semmelweis University of Medicine, Hungary in 1992, then continued his studies in Germany at the University of Ulm.
- Dr. Christelle Abboud is a French Gynecologist and Obstetrician. Born in Lebanon, she graduated from Saint-Joseph University in Beirut. She completed her post-graduate training in Hotel-Dieu de France Hospital in Lebanon. She then pursued her sub-specialties in leading healthcare institutions in France, such as Institut Curie in Paris (oncologic gynecology and breast surgery), Antoine Bécleère Hospital in Clamart (management of high-risk pregnancies), and Lyon Sud Hospital in Lyon (oncologic gynecology and vaginal surgery).
- Dr. Ikhlas Muhsin is an experienced Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with over 20 years of experience in the field. She has worked for both the public and private sectors in Dubai, tutor for students in the Dubai Medical College, and furthermore holds medical experience in Jordan and Libya.
- Dr. Al-Ojaimi is a consultant in obstetrics and gynecology since 1996. Dr. Al-Ojaimi worked in Salmaniya Medical Complex (SMC) at Kingdom of Bahrain, and in different hospitals in UK. She was the Medical Education Coordinator in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at SMC, Kingdom of Bahrain, Arabian Gulf (1996-1998), and Chairperson, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, SMC, Kingdom of Bahrain, Arabian Gulf in 2000. She holds the position of Consultant, Obstetrics and Gynaecology at SMC, Kingdom of Bahrain, Arabian Gulf (1996-2010). She worked in Dubai, UAE at Dubai Hospital as Consultant and Head, Obstetrics and Gynaecology (2010-2012). And at Dr Sulaiman Al Habib Medical Group as Consultant, Obstetrics and Gynaecology (2013-2014).
Blogs, guides, videos and other downloadable resources
Simple Rare Procedure by Dubai Doctor Allows Newborn Child to Recognize his Parents for the First Time.
Ophthalmologist performs a simple but rare procedure on a new born child to cure Peters Anomaly and prevent blindness Pupilloplasty, a more effective treatment to