For people who haven’t been able to lose weight through diet and exercise, gastric balloon is emerging as an effective and affordable non-surgical procedure, says
Endometriosis Center at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai
Al Zahra Center for Endometriosis Care and Chronic Pelvic Pain is the first of its kind in the U.A.E. multidisciplinary team approach to bring comprehensive care for patients with Endometriosis and female pelvic pain.
Our team includes experts in advanced laparoscopic excision surgery, infertility treatment, evidence based medical management and imaging techniques. With this, our center aims towards bringing high quality and patient centered care to patients with Endometriosis, pelvic pain and infertility.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai CECPP, we understand the frustration and sense of helplessness you might have for being neglected and misunderstood. We are here to help!
Learn what Endometriosis is:
Endometriosis is a chronic, Estrogen dependent and painful disease that can disrupt and disable a patient’s life. Patients with Endometriosis are often misunderstood and ignored by medical community and public alike, leaving them to suffer with no help provided.
It is estimated that more than 170 million women and girls from around the world have endometriosis.
Endometriosis is not simply what is commonly called “killer-cramps”; rather it shares many features with cancerous disease, like the ability to spread into different parts of the body tissue, and to cause irreparable damage to the structure and function of different organs. However, endometriosis IS NOT CANCER!
While painful menstrual periods are one of the main features of endometriosis, it can also cause pain in any region of the body of a woman or girl, and at any time of the month.
Infertility or difficulty to conceive- so called subfertility- is also one of the main features of endometriosis. Evidence shows that pregnant women with endometriosis can have problems like premature deliveries and low birth weight of the newborn.
Symptoms linked to endometriosis can be any of the following:
- Abdominal or pelvic pain
- Bowel related symptoms
- Bladder pain or dysfunction
- Painful intercourse
- Difficulty to get pregnant/ infertility
- Chronic fatigue and feeling of being depressed
- Heavy and painful menstrual periods
Because Endometriosis is ignored or misunderstood by many in the medical community and the public, patients has to suffer in silence.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Endometriosis is one of the top three causes for female infertility
- One in each ten women and girls is considered to have endometriosis
- Endometriosis costs the world economy three times more than Breast cancer
- It takes 8-10 years to diagnose a patient with endometriosis from the start of symptoms
- Young and teenage girls with endometriosis are frequently not diagnosed due to the myth that painful periods are normal
- There is no cure for endometriosis
- Pregnancies and deliveries are not a solution for endometriosis and pelvic pain
HOW TO CHOOSE AN ENDOMETRIOSIS SPECIALIST?
- Endometriosis specialist must work with a multidisciplinary team that can take care of your different needs (medical treatment, fertility management, imaging techniques, bowel surgery, urological surgery)
- Endometriosis specialist must be an expert in advanced laparoscopic surgical techniques
- Endometriosis specialist must have research and scientific involvement in the field of the disease
- Endometriosis specialist will never hesitate to refer you to another specialty when needed
- Endometriosis specialist must have experience of dealing with complex cases on weekly basis
- Endometriosis specialist is compassionate and will listen to you and understand your concerns
DO NOT SUFFER IN SILENCE! WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Khaled Kouteich is a French Board-Certified Consultant in Gynecology, Graduated from Paris 5 University in 2002. He moved to U.A.E in 2009 and specializes in Gynecological Oncology. Known as one of the best Gynecological Oncologists in his field, Dr. Kouteich treats his patients through advanced medical care, respect & empathy.
- Dr. Soliman has over 30 years of experience in Obstetrics & Gynecology. She has extensive experience in the United Kingdom, Working there for over 15 Years. She had participated in teaching and examining medical students at Lancaster University, United Kingdom, and holds over 6 Years of experience in Saudia Arabia.
- High risk pregnancy management and delivery, Cervical cancer screening and colposcopy, Hysteroscopy- diagnostic and therapeutic, Laparoscopy Diagnosis and treatment – Ectopic Pregnancy, Ovarian cyst, Endometriosis, Hystrectomy, Benign Gynecological surgery- Abdominal / Vaginal hysterectomy and repair for prolapse.
- Dr. Nirmala has 25 years of experience in Obstetric sand Gynaecology with 20 + years of experience in UAE. Fellow of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (UK). Registered as Specialist with the Australian Medical Council. Certified in Ob/Gyn ultrasound from Jefferson University USA.
- Dr. Mustafa Aldam is a renowned specialist Obstetrician and Gynecologist with a successful track record over 12 years of experience dealing in a High Risk Pregnancies, acquiring his Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology from JMC.
- Dr. Rashad G. Haddad, is a French educated Obstetrician & Gynecologist. He obtained with Honors his ObGyn Board, and continued his sub-specialties and fellowships in Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy & Colposcopy as well as in Breast diseases and surgery, Ultrasound, Menopause, Sexual Medicine (Oxford, U.K ) Sexually Transmitted Diseases (WHO), Cosmetic Gynaecology and Aesthetic Medicine.
- Dr. May Ali graduated from Iraq with a Bachelors in Medicine and Surgery. She worked in Iraq until 1993. Since 1993 she has worked in the UK as an Associate Specialist in Kent. In 2006 she obtained her membership to the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists UK. She is experienced keyhole surgeon with over 25 years of experience managing endometriosis from the United Kingdom.
- Dr Avneesh Kour is a Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology (Fetal Medicine). She is working in Dubai for the past 14 years, focusing on fetal medicine for the last 11 years.
- Dr. Jozsa has 19 years of experience in Gynaecology and Obstetrics. He graduated from Semmelweis University of Medicine, Hungary in 1992, then continued his studies in Germany at the University of Ulm.
- Dr. Christelle Abboud is a French Gynecologist and Obstetrician. Born in Lebanon, she graduated from Saint-Joseph University in Beirut. She completed her post-graduate training in Hotel-Dieu de France Hospital in Lebanon. She then pursued her sub-specialties in leading healthcare institutions in France, such as Institut Curie in Paris (oncologic gynecology and breast surgery), Antoine Bécleère Hospital in Clamart (management of high-risk pregnancies), and Lyon Sud Hospital in Lyon (oncologic gynecology and vaginal surgery).
- Dr. Ikhlas Muhsin is an experienced Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with over 20 years of experience in the field. She has worked for both the public and private sectors in Dubai, tutor for students in the Dubai Medical College, and furthermore holds medical experience in Jordan and Libya.
Blogs, guides, videos and other downloadable resources