What is Internal Medicine?
Internal Medicine is the specialty that combines the analytical examination of laboratory science with a personalized, compassionate approach to adult medicine. This expertise enables doctors to treat both common illnesses and complex medical conditions. Internists (or Internal Medicine Experts) specialize in treating long-term chronic illnesses such as Type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
AT AZHD our Internal Medicine Department offers the following range of services:
- Acute Cellulitis (Severe Skin and Soft Tissue Infection)
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Acute Metabolism / Electrolyte Imbalances (e.g. Sodium, Potassium, Calcium)
- Acute Pyelonephritis (Severe Infection of the Kidneys)
- Acute Post – Operative Care Complications
- Allergy, Immunity related Diseases and Anaphylaxis Management
- Heart Failures
- Hypertensive Diseases
- Lipid Disorders
- Management of Acute Poisoning, Drugs or Chemical Overdoses
- Management of Benign Hematology Conditions
- Management of Infectious Diseases, Septic Conditions, Tropical Medicine and Environmental, Physical and Heat Injuries
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- Stroke Services (including Acute Stroke Thrombolysis)
- Venous Thromboembolism (DVT & PE
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Sameem is a specialist in internal medicine and is board-certified in endocrinology in Europe. He has worked in both the private and public sectors in the United Arab Emirates over the course of his more than 18 years of experience there. In addition to that, he was appointed to the position of tutor at the Dubai Medical College.
- Dr. Hind Hantosh is a highly experienced Consultant Internal Medicine with over a decade of experience in the field. She has worked as an Internist in Sweden from 2009 to 2018 and in Dubai from 2018 to the present. Dr. Hantosh has a wealth of experience in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of medical conditions.
- Dr. Alaa Eldin has more than 27 years of experience gained from his work and training in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. His main interest is Rheumatology patients who have conditions such as: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Spondyloarthritis like Ankylosing Spondylitis, Crystal induces arthritis like Gout, Scleroderma, and other collagen diseases.
- Dr Anthony is an Acute and General physician, specialized is treating acutely ill and chronic patients with variety of puzzling health conditions. He graduated from University of Lagos, Nigeria and did internship at Queen Elizabeth Specialist Hospital, Umuahia, Nigeria. He did residency in General (Internal) Medicine in Nigeria and later moved to UK in 1990 where he underwent further specialist training in General (Internal) medicine and cardiology.
Fun Day at the Beach Turns to Nightmare for Tourist who Underwent Multiple Surgeries After Being Stung by Jellyfish in Dubai
Dubai, UAE (xx/xx/xxxx): A 55-year-old woman, C.K., from Switzerland visited Dubai during her vacation where she was stung by a jellyfish, leading to severe limb-threatening symptoms and complications. Due to the sting the patient had an extremely swollen arm with major blocked arteries, affecting its function