A 35-year-old man successfully recovers from a heart attack with 100% arterial blockage at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai. The patient was brought back to a stable condition in just 19 minutes starting from the time he arrived at the hospital.
What is Pathology?
AZHD’s Pathology Department offers the following range of services:
- Clinical Microscopy
- General Clinical Chemistry
- Hormones and Special Proteins
- Serology and Immunology
- Blood Banking
- Referral service to external laboratories for tests not available in-house
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Samit Gehani is a qualified Laboratory Director, with over 20 years of experience in his field. He specializes in Clinical Pathology, with an expertise in Biochemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Immunology and Serology. Prior to joining Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, he worked in numerous hospitals as a Laboratory Director and as the Head of the Laboratory Department.
- Dr. Deepti Shukla is certified by the American Board of Pathology in Anatomic and Clinical pathology (2004). Dr. Shukla received her medical degrees from MGM Medical College Indore, India (1994). There after she pursued her post-doc Fellowship in Department of pathology at WVU, USA .She completed her Anatomic and Clinical pathology residency training at WVU and LSU , Shreveport , USA (1999- 2003) and was chosen for the prestigious position of Chief resident at LSU. Subsequently, she completed fellowship training in Gastro Intestinal Pathology at the renowned Mount Sinai Hospital, New York. (2004)
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the leading cause of death last year was ischaemic heart disease, or coronary artery disease, which usually results
A sixty-eight-year-old Indian man undergoes rare life saving procedure after 90% arterial calcified blockage Intravascular lithotripsy opens the door for some difficult heart cases with