What is a Post-Covid Clinic?
Have you been suffering from lingering side effects and symptoms due to your Covid – 19 infection? Have you been confused of where to go or how to rid yourself of the prolonged suffering?
Worry no more, at the Al Zahra Hospital Dubai Post-Covid Clinic, our multispecialty team of health experts carry out detailed assessments and investigations of each individual case while creating personalized treatment plans for various health concerns derived from Covid 19 infections.
The Post Covid 19 Clinic specializes in the treatment of long terms symptoms and conditions resulting from Covdi-19 infections and includes a multitude of specialties that work together to ensure proper assessment and treatment of various stemming conditions.
The first specialty to assess patients suffering Post-Covid Symptoms is the Family & Internal Medicine Clinic, who will carry out a general detailed assessment and understand the specific patient grievances. The Family Medicine physicians will further refer each individual case as needed to other specialized health experts within the Post-Covid Clinic, including:
Cardiology: Heart or Cardiovascular related problems including blood coagulation, palpitations, inflammation of the heart muscle or other COVID – 19 resulting heart problems.
Pulmonology: Shortness of breath, lung damage, prolonged coughing
Physiotherapy: Rehabilitation and Joint Pain
Extended Specialty Areas include:
Neurology: Recurring headaches, loss of smell and taste, pins and needles, memory problems, difficulty in concentration, problems sleeping
ENT: Nose and Throat or Sinus problems
Psychiatry: Anxiety & panic attacks, depression, changes in mood
Nephrology: Acute kidney injuries
Dermatology: Rashes and Hair-loss
The initial Post Covid 19 appointment can be carried out remotely, using our Telemedicine Services.
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Chaudhri studied Medicine at the University of Cambridge and has been in clinical practice since 1992. He was comprehensively trained in cardiac and thoracic surgery in London and Scotland. He then super specialized in aortic, mitral and minimally invasive cardiac surgery and heart as well as lung transplantation during fellowships in Harefield and Freeman Hospitals in the UK and in MHH, Hannover, Germany. He has performed more than 5500 adult cardiac surgical operations and 900 major thoracic operations.
- Dr. Sherif Fayed has worked as a respiratory consultant in Egypt and United Kingdom. He has outstanding experience in Respiratory Critical Care, chest infections, pulmonary fibrosis, pleural diseases. in addition to lung cancer early detection, diagnosis and most pulmonary procedures. Dr. Fayed holds more than 20 years of experience in the field of Pulmonology.
- Dr. Abner Rivas Abejo has over 15 years of extensive experience working as an Internal Medicine Specialist. Before joining Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, he worked in numerous hospitals in the Philippines, Singapore, Maldives and the UAE. He gained his M.D. degree in Medicine from Far Eastern University and then pursued a Specialist Training Course in Internal Medicine at East Avenue Medical Center.
- Dr. Farah Al-Ani completed her Family Medicine training in the UK and held positions in several highly regarded hospitals and Clinics. Throughout her experience in the UK, she worked in a large number of specialties including General Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, and Psychiatry.
- Dr. Alaa Eldin has more than 27 years of experience gained from his work and training in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. His main interest is Rheumatology patients who have conditions such as: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Spondyloarthritis like Ankylosing Spondylitis, Crystal induces arthritis like Gout, Scleroderma, and other collagen diseases.
- Dr. Rami Sukhon has over 30 years of experience in Family Medicine and Occupational Health. He is dedicated to providing modern-audience based family practice helping patients with various conditions.
- He started his career at University Health Services at American University of Beirut in addition to his private practice in his own clinic in Beirut till he moved to Dubai Health Authority. In Dubai, he had been the doctor in charge of different health centers in primary Health Care and Co-director of Dubai Family Medicine Residency Training Program in Dubai Health Authority. Dr. Osman is an International examiner for the membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners & Arab Board. He is also a lecturer, clinical trainer & examiner in Dubai Medical College for Girls.
Alternative weight loss solutions have recently been gaining popularity. They have made the process of excessive weight loss easier and in addition alternative weight loss solutions significantly improve the overall health and quality of life for those struggling with obesity or being overweight. A recent procedure that is now on the rise, is the Elipse Gastric Balloon procedure.