Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
What is Vascular and Endovascular Surgery?
Vascular surgery refers to procedures performed to help treat diseases of the vascular system which mainly focuses on proper blood flow and circulation. A vascular surgeon is able to treat all conditions related to his/her respective field, even if no surgery is required, from medical therapy and open surgery to minimally invasive endovascular surgery.
Endovascular surgery is the use of minimally invasive techniques to treat patients with vascular diseases. With endovascular surgery comes numerous benefits including a decrease in complications, quicker recovery, smaller incisions and more.
At AZHD, we treat a wide variety of complex vascular diseases utilizing the latest endovascular techniques, advanced technology and specialized medical experts to give our patients the comprehensive treatment plans that they deserve.
Conditions Treated at AZHD
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Limb Swelling
- Varicose Veins and Spider Veins
- Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease
- Diabetic Foot Problems
- Aortic and Peripheral Aneurysm
- Vascular Access for Dialysis
- Vascular Access for Chemotherapy
- Vascular Trauma & more
Types of Vascular Surgeries Carried out at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai
- Radiofrequency, Laser, Glue, Mechanochemical and Microwave Ablation Surgery of Varicose Veins.
- Creation of Vascular Access for Dialysis.
- Insertion of Port Cath for Chemotherapy.
- Reopening and Extraction of the Thrombus from Arteries (Endarterectomy).
- Diabetic Foot Surgical Debridement and Amputations.
- Limb Salvage Bypass Surgery.
- Emergency Repair of Acute Occlusion of Arteries.
- Repair of Injured Blood Vessels.
- Repair of Aneurysm and Pseudoaneurysm.
Equipped with the latest technologies, our specialized Vascular and Endovascular Surgeons are ready to assess, diagnose and treat all vascular related diseases. Our facility possesses the latest state of the art Biplane Cath Lab that allows for advanced Endovascular and hybrid procedures with minimal down time.
Vascular Procedures done at our Cath Lab
- Thrombectomy for Ilio-Femoral DVT.
- IVC Filter Insertion and Retrieval.
- Venoplasty and Stenting of Chronic Occluded Iliac Veins.
- Angioplasty for Ischemia and Limb Salvage.
- Endovascular Thrombectomy for Acute Ischemia.
- Endovascular Procedures for Acute and Chronic Intestinal Arterial Occlusions (Mesenteric Ischemia).
- EVAR and TEVAR for Complex Aortic Aneurysms
- Emergency EVAR and TEVAR for Leaking Aneurysms and Aortic Dissections.
- Hybrid Endovascular Procedures for Trauma.
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Marek Sepiolo is a highly qualified European Board-Certified Vascular Surgeon with more than 28 years of experience specializing in all kinds of walk-in and walk-out vein procedures. He has dedicated himself to the treatment of varicose veins, spider veins and chronic venous disease early on in his professional career. Utilizing his in-depth knowledge and extensive experience as well as latest innovative techniques, he consistently achieves the optimal and long-lasting results in the treatment of legs, face, hands and breast veins.
- Dr. Mohamed Okelah is a Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon with more than 16 years of experience. He completed his medical degree and MD in Ain Shams University, Egypt, and obtained two fellowships of Peripheral Endovascular Intervention and Brunkwal Cologne Aortic Grafting, Germany. Additionally, Dr. Okelah is the co-founder of the Emirates Vascular Surgery Society and was elected general secretary of the Emirates Vascular Surgery Society.
Many men have concerns over prostate cancer as it is one of the most common cancers to occur in men. The disease is very present in our community, effecting almost 30% of men over the age of 50.
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the leading cause of death last year was ischaemic heart disease, or coronary artery disease, which usually results