Dr. Abdulsalam Al Taie
Consultant General, Bariatric & Laparoscopic Surgeon
Dr. Abdulsalam started his career in Iraq where he practiced for 8 years in a number of reputed hospitals. Subsequently in 1990, he moved to the UK where he was attached to Withington Hospital. From 1991 to 1994, Dr. Abdulsalam continued his practice at the Tameside Hospital, UK where he took on multiple roles in the Orthopedics as well as General & Laparoscopic Surgery departments. After 1994, Dr. Abdulsalam moved to Iraq where he was the Consultant Surgeon and Professor of Surgery at a well-known University Medical College. In 2003, he continued his practice at a reputed private hospital in Abu Dhabi as the Head of Laparoscopic Surgery and Obesity center. At this hospital, he performed a number of procedures regularly which included Lap Banding, Gastrectomy, Roux En Y, Gastric Bypass as well as upper and lower endoscopies to name a few.
- Graduated 1982/outstanding
- 1982 – 1989 – trained, sponsored and supported by 2 Great Iraqi-British Surgeon – Dr. Walid Al Khayal and Dr. Kamal Hussein
- 1990 – 1994 – the FRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons from Edinburgh (outstanding)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons/UK FRCS, FICS, MSAGES, MMIRA, MIFSO
- Specialized training in Bariatric Surgery from Dundee, UK, Hannover, Germany, and Salzburg in Austria.
- Done the 1st Roux en- Y Gastric Bypass in 2004
- The first Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy in 2004, as a definitive procedure for morbid obesity
- Exceeded 1000 Laparoscopic Gastric Banding
- Exceeded 1000 Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Exceeded 300 Gastric Bypass
- Exceeded 10,000 Laparoscopic procedures in a single team
- Worked In Hope Teaching Hospital UK
- Worked In Withington Teaching Hospital UK
- Worked In Tameside General Hospital UK
- Worked In Alexandra Hospital UK
- 1995 – 2003 – Leading Consultant Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon and Supervisor of all Laparoscopic Surgeon in Iraq. Medical College of BAGHDAD University
- 2003 – Present: First and still Leading Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon in UAE- Dubai & Abu Dhabi
- Fellowship of International College of Surgeons (FICS) since 2004
- International Member of the Society of American Gastro- Intestinal Endoscopic Surgery (MSAGES) in 2004
- Member of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO) in 2008.
English and Arabic