Dr. Andrew Jenkinson
Specialist, General Surgery – MBBS, MS, FRCS
Dr Andrew Jenkinson is a Consultant Surgeon specializing in the treatment of Obesity, Gallstones, Hernias, Heartburn and Abdominal Pain. Dr. Andrew runs regular clinics in both London and Dubai. In Al Zahra hospital he is a member of the Specialist Bariatric Surgery Team providing safe and successful treatment of Obesity. He will advise on the best procedure to help long term weight loss. In London he leads the Bariatric Surgery Teams in the world renowned London Clinic on Harley Street and the famous Wellington Hospital. He also works for the NHS, at the prestigious University College London Hospital (UCLH). Mr. Jenkinson has had extensive training in Laparoscopic (keyhole) Surgical Techniques in London, Europe and America.
- MBBS Bachelor of Medicine (Southampton Medical School UK)
- MS Master of Surgery Thesis (The Royal London Hospital, UK)
- FRCS (Gen Surg) Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Surgical Lead at The Centre for Weight Loss, Metabolic and Endocrine Surgery UCLH, London
- Head of Quality and Safely (Clinical Governance) GI Services UCLH, London
- Chairman of Bariatric Development at The London Clinic
- Founder and Director of The London-Dubai Obesity Clinic
- He has performed over 2,000 procedures to date.
- He currently carries out approximately 100 laparoscopic hernia operations and a similar number of gallbladder procedures per year.
- His training in bariatric, or obesity, surgery conforms with British and American accreditation.
- He performs approximately 200 weight loss procedures per year.
- He has a reputation for performing extremely safe and effective surgery.
- He has been nominated as the lead clinician for quality and safety (governance) in GI surgery at UCH.
In 2013 Mr. Jenkinson founded The Institute of Obesity and Metabolism to help provide patients with access to world class weight loss surgery service in both London and Dubai.
- He works with a strong team of allied health professionals to help patients before, during and after surgery.
The service provides long term personal follow up which is essential to maintain the excellent results of surgery.
In 1999 Mr. Jenkinson completed a Masters research thesis on the effectiveness of keyhole surgery in the treatment of acid reflux, which causes heartburn.
- He has subsequently published extensively in the scientific literature and has presented at national and international meetings.
- He continues his interests in research and development by sitting on the BOMBS sub-comities for Emerging Technologies and Education.
- He has a specialist interest in the laparoscopic treatment of sports hernia (Gilmore’s groin).
- Gastric bypass
- Gastric Band
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Revisional Bariatric surgery (gastric band to sleeve or bypass).