Dr. Beena Hameed
- CCST Rheumatology and Internal Medicine (UK)
Dr. Beena Hameed has trained and practised at some of London’s most recognised institutions including King’s College, St. George’s, Guy‘s and St Thomas’ Hospital. She has practised internal medicine and rheumatology in Pakistan, the UK and UAE, helping her better understand her patients’ different cultural, needs. In addition to her clinical training, she has completed her Masters’ Degree in Rheumatology Clinical Research and has been involved in training and teaching in association with Queen Mary University of London, as a clinical lecturer and regularly participates in PACES teaching in UK. She has published her research papers in some of the leading international peer-reviewed journals and presented her research work in local and international meetings. She believes in treating patients with rheumatic diseases using innovative evidence-based therapies. Dr. Hameed has a keen interest in the use of musculoskeletal ultrasound for diagnostic and therapeutic rheumatic diseases.
- Arthritis including rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis, gout & osteoarthritis Metabolic bone disease including osteoporosis
- Vitamin D Deficiency and Paget’s disease Connective tissue diseases such as Systemic Lupus, myositis, systemic sclerosis and vasculitis Soft tissue rheumatism
- Local back, neck, shoulder, knee pain and foot pain and other generalized body pain
- Joint swelling or stiffness procedures such as joints aspiration, injections and soft tissue injections ultrasound-guided injections
- Vast experience in use of biologic agents in the management of auto-immune arthritis.