Dr. Ed Ashtar
- Residency in Internal Medicine at University of Kentucky Medical Center in Lexington, KY
- Fellowship in Medical Oncology and Clinical Hematology at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)/National Cancer Institute (NCI) in Bethesda, Maryland
- Triple American Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Clinical Hematology
Dr. Ashtar worked there for several years, teaching the fellows, and contributing to research and publications, mainly at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). He was awarded the ASCO Merit Award in 2017 as one of the top leaders in clinical research. He eventually went to private practice in Washington DC, Maryland and Pennsylvania, USA under the name of Hematology and Oncology Professional Association LLC and Professional Oncologists of the Greater Washington.
In 2016, he moved to the UAE and worked at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, helping in establishing a state-of-the-art Cancer and Hematology Center for all types of cancers and blood diseases. Based on that, in 2018 Al Zahra Hospital Dubai was recognized with the Best Cancer Center in the UAE.
- Consultant in all types of solid malignancies including breast, lung, stomach, colon, and skin.
- Consultant in all types of hematological diseases, benign and malignant including leukemia, lymphoma, MDS and multiple myeloma