Dr. Michael Timms
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery Leeds University Medical School, UK.
- 8 years higher training Manchester Deanery, UK as registrar, senior registrar and senior lecturer.
Consultant ENT surgeon and chief of ENT, Maxillo-facial and ophthalmology, East Lancashire NHS Trust, UK. 1992 – 2010.
ENT consultant & director of Cochlear Implant Programme, King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 2010 – 2016.
Associate Professor, Al Faisal University Medical School, Riyadh, KSA.
Early adopter of Endoscopic sinus Surgery techniques in 1992. Over 6000 FESS cases.
Provided regional service for cerebrospinal fluid leaks and angiofibromas at KFSHRC, Riyadh.
Developed and published on all uses of Coblation in ENT surgery including:
- Tonsils & Adenoids
- Snoring surgery
- Nasal & sinus tumours
- Laryngeal tumours, papillomas and airway stenosis.
Lectures and live surgical demonstrations of Coblation in 42 countries worldwide.
Revived the Cochlear Implant programme at KFSHRC, Riyadh.
Dealt with fresh cases, introducing routine, simultaneous bilateral CI to the Middle East in 2012. Sub-specialised in treating complications of Cochlear Implant cases from other surgeons.
Visiting professor: Bahrain, Kuwait, Sudan, Jeddah.
- Regional Advisor to Royal College of Surgeons
- Council Member, Royal Society of Medicine
- ENT Advisor to NICE (national institute for clinical excellence).
- Regional ENT Advisor to National Modernisation Agency, UK
- Academic editor for Case Reports in ENT
- Reviewer for Saudi Journal of Medicine
- All Adult & Childrens’ ENT problems
- Endoscopic sinus surgery including complicated cases such as CSF leak, angiofibroma and other intranasal/ sinus tumours
- Epiphora (excess tears) by endoscopic DCR, 500+ cases.
- Snoring surgery
- All ear surgery including cochlear implants, other implantable devices and Stapedectomy for otosclerosis
- Coblation surgery for tonsils and adenoids
- Choanal atresia
- Laryngeal microsurgery including papillomatosis