Al Zahra Center for Endometriosis Care and chronic pelvic pain is the first of its kind in the U.A.E. multidisciplinary team approach to bring comprehensive care for patients with Endometriosis and female pelvic pain.
Our team includes experts in advanced laparoscopic excision surgery, infertility treatment, evidence based medical management and imaging techniques. With this, our center aims towards bringing high quality and patient centered care to patients with Endometriosis, pelvic pain and infertility.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai CECPP, we understand the frustration and sense of helplessness you might have for being neglected and misunderstood. We are here to help!
Meet the team
Learn what Endometriosis is:
Endometriosis is a chronic,Estrogen dependentand painful disease that can disrupt and disable a patient’s life. Patients with Endometriosis are often misunderstood and ignored bymedical communityand public alike, leaving them to sufferwithno help provided.
It is estimated that more than 170 million women and girls from around the world have endometriosis.
Endometriosis is not simply what is commonly called “killer-cramps”; rather it shares many features with cancerous disease, like the ability to spread into different parts of the body tissue, and to cause irreparable damage to the structure and function of different organs. However, endometriosis IS NOT CANCER!
While painful menstrual periods are one of the main features of endometriosis, it can also cause pain in any region of the body of a woman or girl, and at any time of the month.
Infertility or difficulty to conceive- so called subfertility- is also one of the main features of endometriosis. Evidence shows that pregnant women with endometriosis can have problems like premature deliveries and low birth weight of the newborn.
Symptoms linked to endometriosis can be any of the following:
- Abdominal or pelvic pain
- Bowel related symptoms
- Bladder pain or dysfunction
- Painful intercourse
- Difficulty to get pregnant/ infertility
- Chronic fatigue and feeling of being depressed
- Heavy and painful menstrual periods
Because Endometriosis is ignored or misunderstood by many in the medical community and the public, patients has to suffer in silence.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Endometriosis is one of the top three causes for female infertility
- One in each ten women and girls is considered to have endometriosis
- Endometriosis costs the world economy three times more than Breast cancer
- It takes 8-10 years to diagnose a patient with endometriosis from the start of symptoms
- Young and teenage girls with endometriosis are frequently not diagnosed due to the myth that painful periods are normal
- There is no cure for endometriosis
- Pregnancies and deliveries are not a solution for endometriosis and pelvic pain
HOW TO CHOOSE AN ENDOMETRIOSIS SPECIALIST?
- Endometriosis specialist must work with a multidisciplinary team that can take care of your different needs (medical treatment, fertility management, imaging techniques, bowel surgery, urological surgery)
- Endometriosis specialist must be an expert in advanced laparoscopic surgical techniques
- Endometriosis specialist must have research and scientific involvement in the field of the disease
- Endometriosis specialist will never hesitate to refer you to another specialty when needed
- Endometriosis specialist must have experience of dealing with complex cases on weekly basis
- Endometriosis specialist is compassionate and will listen to you and understand your concerns