(Reversible temporary or permanent procedures)
A. Reversible temporary procedures
Gastric Balloon Procedure
( 4 months To 1 Year depending on Type of gastric balloon)
It is a procedure without surgery (endoscopically/swallowable pill) indicated for patients who are either obese/overweight or have failed dieting attempts or unfit for surgery. The balloon partially fills the stomach and limits food intake, it gives you a feeling of satiety, so it should be easier to change eating habits & as a consequence, lose weight.
On average people lose between 20 and 30% of their excess weight with a gastric balloon but the amount of weight you lose and maintain will depend on how closely you follow your diet and adopt long-term lifestyle changes including regular exercise. However, the amount of weight lost by each patient will vary depending on an individual’s circumstance.
Latest Technology in our Bariatrics Department!!
No Anaesthesia!! No Endoscopy!! No Removal!!
- The Elipse is the first liquid gastric balloon that can be inserted and removed without anesthesia or endoscopy.
- This pill balloon can be swallowed with a glass of water under x-ray supervised by Dr. Girish and then inflated in the stomach (with saline), 4 months later it passes into the toilet by itself.
- The Elipse Balloon empowers overweight and obese individuals (and their healthcare providers) to reclaim their health with a safe and effective weight loss tool.
- Swallowable pills
- 2 -3 Gas Balloons
- Endoscopically removed
- 6 months duration
The Obalon Balloon System is designed to assist weight loss by partially filling the stomach. The System consists of up to 2-3 intragastric balloons placed during a 2-3-weeks period. The balloons are swallowable in that they are delivered via capsule. Each balloon is placed individually (one balloon every week). All balloons are removed 6 months after the first balloon was placed.
Advantages of Elipse & Obalon
• A brisk methodology of 10-15 minutes.
• No downtime required after the system and the patient can proceed to his/her normal working.
• Minimal or no reactions and no critical recuperation time.
Non Surgical, Non anatomy altering gastric balloon
It is double balloon for extra safety, in case one ballon ruptures the other balloon does not allow it to go down in the intestine. Two balloons connected to each other so volume filled can be more, one of its kind & with personalized attention leads to maximum weight reduction.
Orbera 365 Balloon
- Endoscopically inserted & removed
- Liquid Balloon
- 1 Year duration
The unfilled gastric balloon is inserted into the stomach through the mouth and esophagus with the aid of an endoscopic camera. The procedure will be conducted under IV sedation. Using a fluid supply tube, the gastric balloon is then filled according to the size of the stomach (400-700cc) and the tube removed. The insertion of the gastric balloon takes between 10 to 15 minutes. You will be able to return home the same day after an appropriate period of recovery (2-4 hours approximately).
After 1 Year, an endoscopic camera is once again introduced into the stomach through the esophagus, the gastric balloon is then punctured, deflated, grasped with forceps and removed via mouth.
- Endoscopically placed and removed
- 1 year duration
- Re-adjustable gastric balloon _ the size of balloon can be increased or decreased endoscopically as per requirement
one year duration is long enough to help you to change and maintain your life style changes including regular exercise and healthy eating.
- Endoscopically inserted and removed
- Liquid Balloon
- 6 months duration
ENDOSCOPIC GASTRIC BOTOX
(Temporary 3-4 months)
The simple procedure in which injection of Botox is done into stomach muscles via the endoscope (through the mouth)which leads to longer time for stomach emptying more details, therefore, reduction in food intake & weight loss
B- Permanent weight loss procedures
POSE (primary obesity surgery endoscopically)
Primary Obesity Surgery Endoluminal, or POSE procedure, is a type of weight loss surgery that restricts eating and reduces hunger by reducing the size and capacity of the stomach by folding and anchoring the stomach tissue. The multiple folds of stomach tissue created by the POSE procedure effectively reduce the size and capacity of the stomach to limit food intake and diminish hunger cravings.
- No external cuts or incisions leaves no visible scars
- Quick procedure (45 minutes)
- Quick recovery time, resume normal activities within 2-3 days
- Overall risks much lower than with open or laparoscopic surgery
- The majority of POSE patients are able to leave the hospital the same day that the procedure is performed.
It is performed endoscopically (via the mouth) and does not require cuts or incisions through the abdomen to reach the stomach. This speeds healing time minimizes surgical pain and discomfort and leaves no visible scars.
It does not involve any cutting, removal, or rerouting of either the stomach or intestines as with gastric bypass surgery or sleeve gastrectomy and does not involve placing a medical implant into the body or need adjustments as with laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding.
For about nonsurgical weight management solutions, please consult Dr. Girish Juneja –best weight loss surgeon, Director bariatric (weight loss) center, Al Zahra hospital, he is a veteran for the weight loss procedure like Gastric Balloon, Sleeve surgery, Gastric Bypass, Gastric Band and other Weight loss surgeries or Revisional weight loss surgery including gastric band removal.