Nose & Sinus Clinic:
Daily around 10,000 liters of air travels through our nose.
Recurrent infection, enlargement of nasal turbinates or deviation of the nasal septum will reduce the nasal airflow and the ventilation of the sinuses.
The main functions of smell, humidifying, filtering & warming will be altered. The goal of treatment is to reestablish normal nasal function again.
Consultation Regarding Nasal Problems
- Reduced nasal breathing
- Lost of smell sensation
- Pressure or pain around sinuses
- Ongoing nasal discharge
- Advanced sinus surgery using newest navigation system
- Turbinoplasty – reduction of the nasal turbinates size
- Diagnostic Nasal endoscopy
- Septoplasty – nasal middle wall correction
- Management of nasal bleeding
- Sleep endoscopy
- Snoring surgery
- Rhinoplasty (Nasal reshaping)
Lump in the Neck:
A swelling in the neck needs assessment. Enlargement of lymph node is the most common cause.
A lymph node contains cells that help your body fight off infection, bacteria or viruses and get rid of tumor cells. The infection can be from the scalp, sinus, tonsils, throat, teeth or salivary gland.
The enlargement of the salivary gland can be caused by viruses – Stones – Tumors.
Consultation regarding neck lumps:
It is advised to visit Dr. Fatima Alzahraa, Consultant ENT and Head and Neck surgeon, if you have:
- Swelling in the neck
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Persistent ear pain
- Ulcer in the mouth
- Persistent throat pain
- A pencil size flexible camera to see your throat and voice box
- Fine needle aspiration and cytology by ultrasound guidance
- Ultrasound – CT & MRI Scan
All the procedures can be done at the same visit.
Balance & Hearing Clinic:
Normal gait requires a proper function of the balance system. We feel unsteady, dizzy, or disoriented whenever something goes wrong with our ears.
Hearing is one of the fifth senses and like any others, its crucial to maintain connection with our surrounding environment.
Consultation regarding Balance problems:
It is advised to visit Dr. Nanor if you feel:
- Dizziness: a sensation of light-headedness, or of losing your balance, or a sense of feeling unsteady.
- Vertigo: a type of dizziness in which there is a sense of movement or spinning. Changing position, can make it seem worse. Vertigo may be accompanied by nausea and vomiting .
- Hearing loss or problems.
- Tinnitus. (ringing noise in the ears).
Treatment will depend on the diagnosis:
- Repositining maneuvers
- Physio therapy
Children ENT Clinic:
To treat children with ear, nose and throat problem requires special skills and an understanding of how to help them now without interfering with their future development.
Dealing with childhood ENT problems is different from that adults. Our three main principles in the care of children are:
SAFETY, EFFECTIVENESS and TRUST
Ear & Hearing service:
- Discharge / pain / infections
- Fluid in middle ear
- Repair of the eardrum
- Removal of ear wax
- Hearing assessment
- Cochlear Implant program
Nose & Sinus Services
- Blocked nose management, Adenoid removal Tonsil size
- Nasal allergy / polyps
- Nose bleeds (epistaxis)
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Removal of Foreign Body
Throat & Voice Services
- Throat pain, sore throat
- Tonsil size reduction
- Hoarseness of voice
- Chronic cough
- Lump on Neck