Minimum Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor or Associate degree or Diploma in Anaesthesia.
- Valid DHA Eligibility Letter / License
Knowledge / Technical Skills
- Valid Basic Life Support – Valid Certificate (Preferred)
- Valid Advance Cardiac Life Support.
Personal Abilities / Competencies:
- Communication skills
- Safety awareness
- Computer Skills
- Think Strategically
- Problem Solving
Provides patient care and technical assistance to anaesthesiologist during all anaesthetic procedures. Care and maintenance of all anaesthetic related equipment and associated consumables in all anaesthesia locations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Routine insertion of all intravenous infusions in the operating room, liaison with anaesthetist.
- Initial application of all non-invasive anaesthesia related patient monitoring.
- Routine daily, weekly, monthly maintenance and cleaning of all anaesthesia related equipment.
- Specific case by case preparation for all anaesthetic procedure, to include all general anaesthetic, all regional anaesthetic standby procedures, and any related anaesthetic invasive procedures.
- To be available at all times for emergency anaesthetic procedures during assigned shift.
- Drawing of any anaesthesia related venous or arterial blood samples upon request of an anaesthesiologist.
- Assistance to be given in positioning of all patients for all anaesthetic and surgical procedures.
- Under direct supervision of Anaesthesiologist airway maintenance and straightforward endotracheal intubation.
- Upholds and knowledgeable of all Anaesthesia Department rules, regulations and protocol appropriately.
- Distribution and storage of all Anaesthesia Department consumables and drugs.
- Yearly completion of 10 hours Continuous Medical Education (CME).
- Perform other Anaesthesia Department related duties as directed by the Chief and/or Chairman of Anaesthesia.
- Prepare and administer intravenous drugs as per Anaesthetist instruction and supervision.