Consultant, Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine
Language Spoken: English, German, Italian
Speciality: Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon, Sports medicine
Dr. Andreas Appelt is a German-trained Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon. He has more than 30 years of experience in the conservative and operative treatment of orthopedic conditions.
He has treated a wide spectrum of spinal and joint cases with minimally invasive procedures and performed arthroscopic operations of the knees and shoulders, and knee and hip replacements.
For more than five years, Dr. Appelt worked in University Clinic in Heidelberg, Germany, and then he operated his own Clinic in Neu-Ulm and Weißenhorn.
Dr. Appelt studied medicine at the Universities of Cologne, Bonn, Mainz, and Heidelberg and earned a doctorate at the University of Heidelberg/Mannheim in the medical field of surgery in November 1986. He completed specialty training in surgery from 1987 to 1992 in Theresien-Hospital Mannheim (Oellers) and in the Bruchsal Hospital (Thiele) and following that completed training in surgery and advanced training for trauma surgery at the municipal hospital in Friedrichshafen (Seitz). Later Dr. Appelt completed specialization in sports medicine, chiropractics and orthopedics and he was 5 years teacher and consultant orthopedic surgeon at the University Clinic in Heidelberg.
He has practiced in Germany, Ghana, West Africa and the United Arab Emirates.
- Sports-orthopedic and arthroscopic surgery on hip, knee, shoulder, wrist, elbow, and ankle surgery.
- Special surgeries on osteoarthrosis using cartilage transplantation.
- Osteotomy on femur, tibia, ankle, and elbow.
- Conservative and surgical therapy on acute and chronic spinal disorders including minimally invasive corrective surgery.
- Trauma surgeries on extremities, pelvis and spinal column.
- Hand and foot surgery.
- Manually Chiropractic for acute or chronic neck and lower back pain and
- Radial Shockwave Therapy with Triggerpoint treatments.
- Replacement surgery of the hip and knee joints
- Knee, wrist, ankle and shoulder arthroscopy