Dr. Diloram Melikova
Specialist Pediatrician, Cardiologist,
MBBS, MD, MS PhD. MRCGP (INT)
Language Spoken: Russian, English
Scope of Services :
– Family Medicine Specialist,
– Specialist Pediatrician,
Dr. Melikova graduated from the Tashkent Medical Institute, Uzbekistan. She has more than 20 years of experience in Pediatric, Cardiologic in Family Medicine Specialty. Her main interests in Family Medicine are Pediatrics, Ob/Gyn, Cardiology and Public Health. She has completed Postgraduate Study in Cardiology and received the title of Doctor Specialist Cardiology Adult & Children.
As a Medical Director & Family Medicine Specialist, she played a big role in establishing a successful plan of Clinical Safety and Effectiveness of Health Service.
Due to the long-term aspect the family medicine provides, Dr. Melikova enjoys the practice. She is specialized in care for patients of all ages from infancy to elderly: parents, children, grandparents… and build relationships with patients. She treats patients in daily basis with a broad spectrum of ailments and illnesses, as well as providing preventative primary care to keep people healthy in several major medical areas.
Dr. Melikova continued her Education with Ph.D. research at the Republic Research Cardiology Centre of Uzbekistan with Academic. She published several articles and abstracts on the basis of her Research during a period 1996-2001. At the same time Dr. Melikova worked at the Pediatric Nephrology Department of the Tashkent Medical Academy.
In 2001 Dr. Melikova completed the study in Royal College of General Practitioners, UK and received a certificate as a GP Trainer. She received a Diploma with honor in Family Medicine in 2008 by the Royal College of GP, UK.
Since August 2009, Dr. Melikova is an International Member of the RCGP, UK.
She received multiple Awards from Ministry of Health, Ministry of Higher Education for her contribution in the Education Program for Master Degree students and for the development of the National Education Program for Family Physicians in Uzbekistan. She published a lot of articles in the area of education of the medical students and doctors, as well as Public Health.
Dr. Melikova has extensive skills in the following:
- Acute problems like respiratory infections, chest pain, abdominal pain and headache
- Minor surgical procedures
- Chronic conditions, such as diabetes, asthma and heart disease
- Bone and joint care
- Skin conditions
- Well-woman care, reproductive counseling, family planning
- Preventive care including chronic disease screening and immunizations and advice about how to stay healthy through proper diet, exercise
- Ear, nose and throat care
- Mental and behavioral health issues such as anxiety, depression, substance abuse and insomnia
- ECG & Spirometer interpretation
- 24 h – Holter monitoring / BP monitoring
- Minor surgery (lacerations, small abscess, cysts)
- Ultrasound examination children & adults
- Trauma care
- Pediatric Emergencies (PALS, acute respiratory distress, seizures, foreign body removal)
- Adult Emergencies (including diabetic coma, cardiac arrhythmias, CPR, ACLS)
- Childhood immunization
- Travel immunization and counseling
- Prenatal Care
- Gynecologic procedures (pap smears/incisions and drainage, menstrual disorders, contraception, dysfunctional uterine bleeding)
- Pain management: intra-articular injections, local and regional anesthesia
- Chronic Conditions: Asthma, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Rheumatic diseases, Fibromyalgia, Gastritis/PUD etc.
- Many other common ailments and conditions
Dr. Melikova is a BLS instructor by American Heart Association (AHA); she is ACLS and PALS provider by AHA. She is an Emergency Trauma Provider by Apollo Hospital, India.
Dr. Melikova has been working in Dubai since September 2015.
While working as Specialist Family Medicine she also participated in Educational Radio Program: “Health Alphabet” on Russian Radio, AutoRadio.