Head of the department and Consultant – Urology
MBBS, M.D, HSU, JBU, ABU
Language Spoken: Arabic, English
- American Urology association
- European association of urology
- Arab association of Urology
- Jordanian Association of Urological Surgeons
- Jordan Medical Association
Dr Hosam Al-Qudah is a board certified consultant Urologist with Fellowship training from the United States of America. He has Jordanian and Arab Board of Urology since 2003 and 2004.
Dr Hosam started his residency training in in 1998 at Jordan University of Science and Technology and the American University Hospital of Beirut. After that he worked in private practice for one year and then moved to the United States of America to have subspecialty training in reconstructive urology from Wayne State University from July 2004-till June 2005 and Transplant Surgery in University of Maryland from July 2005 till June 2006. He did his third fellowship in Uro-oncology and advanced Laparoscopy at Moffitt cancer center in Tampa, Florida from July 2006 until June 2007.
After finishing his training Dr Al-Qudah was appointed as an Ass. Professor of Urology at Jordan University of Science and Technology (King Abdullah University Hospital). At the End of 2008, he moved to Saudi Arabia and worked as a consultant urologist and Transplant surgeon at Saad specialist hospital for almost 8 years. He was the surgeon in charge for the Transplant service in the hospital.
EDUCATION and Training:
- 2007 Fellow of Genitourinary Oncology, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute, University of South Florida. Tampa, FL 07/06-June 30th 2007, Special training in Laparoscopic management of Urologic cancers including prostate cancer
- 2006 Fellow of Transplantation Surgery, Division of Transplantation Surgery, University Maryland, Baltimore, MD 07/05-06/06
- 2005 Fellow of Trauma and Reconstructive Urology, Department of Urology, Wayne State University, School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, 08/04 – 06/05
- April 2004 ( Arab Board Of Urology ( ABU)
- August 2003 Jordanian Board Of Urology (JBU)
- June 2003 HSU (Higher Specialty Degree in Urology), Faculty of Graduate studies at Jordan University of Science & Technology (JUST), Irbid, Jordan and American Hospital Of Beirut
- 1996 MBBBS/MD; (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery), June 16th, 1996, Faculty of Medicine at Jordan University of Science & Technology
- Minimal invasive urology (laparoscopy and endourology)
- Stone disease and treatment including Laser therapy
- Uro-oncology (Cancer diseases)
- Urethral strictures and reconstructive urology
- Transplant Surgery
- Male Infertility and Impotence
- Laser Surgery
- Female Urology and Urodynamics (incontinence and bladder dysfunction)
- Pediatric Urology
HONORS & AWARDS:
- Granted a Scholarship to attend the Medical School for Ranking the Third in my State in the General Secondary Exam – 1990.
- Granted a scholarship to do one year of Residency At the American University of Beirut, 2001
- Granted a scholarship from Jordan University of Science and Technology to do three -four years of training in the USA(2004-2008)