Dr. Khaled Tofeec
MBChB, CCST Diabetes and Endocrinology (UK), FRCP (Glasgow), MRCP (UK), MRCP SCE (Endocrinology and Diabetes) UK
Language Spoken: Arabic, English
Dr. Khaled is a Consultant in Diabetes and Endocrinology with more than 19 years of experience. He has worked in different Hospitals in the UK such as Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust and Salford Royal Teaching Hospitals after completing his specialisation training in Diabetes and Endocrine in the UK.
Dr. Khaled has a strong clinical background and training in Endocrinology. He has a specialist interest in the care and management of complex Type 1 and Type 2 DM, Antenatal and Gestational Diabetes, Insulin pump technology, (pituitary, thyroid, adrenal disease), Miscellaneous Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders, Lipid Conditions, and more.
Dr. Tofeec has published over 40 research papers and quality improving projects including: “A rare incidental cause of Cushing’s Syndrome”, “Gonadotrophin induction of Spermatogenesis”, “Insulinoma Misdiagnosed as alcohol induced Hypoglycaemia”, “Inpatient management of Diabetic patients on NG/PEG feeding” and many others.
- Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2 Juvenile and adults Diabetes) including uncontrolled complex cases with or without diabetes related complications (diabetic kidney disease, diabetic neuropathy and foot ulcers, diabetic retinopathy, diabetes and cardiovascular complications).
- Diabetes and pregnancy/preconception management: Gestational Diabetes and preexisting Type1 and Type 2 Diabetes in pregnancy.
- Hypoglycemia including hypoglycemic unawareness management.
- Type 1 Diabetes on insulin pumps.
- Continuous Glucose monitoring.
- Thyroid disorders including Hypo and Hyperthyroidism, Thyroid lumps and Cancers.
- All types of Pituitary Disorders including evaluation of pituitary function using dynamic testing.
- Parathyroid gland disorders: Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Hyperparathyroidism.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: Acne, excessive hair growth, irregular menstruation, insulin resistance.
- Adrenal disorders, Adrenal Incidentalomas, Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, Primary Hyperaldosteronism, Pheochromocytoma, Cushing’s Syndrome, Hypoadrenalism ( pituitary or Addison’s Disease).
- Male Reproductive and Hormonal Disorders.
- Obesity Management including evaluation for bariatric surgery.
- Hypertension, lipid disorders.
- Pregnancy and endocrine Bisorders Management.
- Osteoporosis, Calcium and Sodium Balance Disorders.
- Unexplained fatigue and dizziness/postural dizziness.
- Fellowship from the Royal College of Physicians UK (FRCP).
- Membership of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom (MRCP)
- Member of the American Diabetes Association
- Member of the European Foundation for the Study of Diabetes
- Member of Association of British Clinical Diabetologist, Diabetes UK