Consultant – General Surgeon
Language spoken: Arabic, English
Dr. Paul Sayad is certified (2000) and recertified (2010) by the American Board of Surgery. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Sayad received his medical degrees from St. Joseph University, Beirut (1994).
He completed his General Surgery residency training at Staten Island University Hospital in New York, USA. (1994-1999).
Subsequently, he completed a subspecialty fellowship training in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery at the same institution under the tutelage of Dr. George Ferzli, a pioneers in this field.
Dr. Sayad authored multiple medical publications in peer reviewed journals and he was a speaker in many international surgical meetings.
Dr. Sayad moved to Dubai in 2006 and has worked at the American Hospital as a consultant General Surgeon until October 2014.
Dr. Sayad has a special training in advanced laparoscopic surgery including operations for: Inguinal and ventral hernias
- Gallbladder and biliary surgery
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease, hiatal hernia
- Morbid obesity
- Malignant and benign disease of the colon,Adrenal disease
- Hematologic disease requiring splenectomy
He is also specialized in all aspect of general surgery including:
- Breast disorders, breast lumps, breast cancer treatment including sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Diseases of the colon, rectum, and anus (colorectal cancer, hemorrhoids, fissures, fistula)
- Malignant melanoma treatment including sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Endocrine surgery (thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal surgery)