MBchB, Msc, MD, MRCP(UK), FCCP
Arabic and English
Education & Fellowship
Dr Fayed has obtained more than 15 years of experience in the field of Pulmonology.
In addition to earning a Master and a Doctorate degree in Respiratory medicine,
He also obtained the Membership of the Royal College of Physicians in the UK and became a Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians.
He has outstanding experience in Respiratory Critical Care, chest infections, pulmonary fibrosis, pleural diseases…..etc, in addition to lung cancer early detection, diagnosis and most of the pulmonary procedures.
Moreover, diagnosis and management of mediastinal and pleural tumors. He has a great experience in management of sever and resistant ashthma patients.
Dr. Sherif Fayed has worked as a respiratory consultant in Egypt and United Kingdom as well.
- Sever and resistant asthma.
- Lung cancer screening and early detection.
- Mediastinal and pleural disorders.
- Respiratory ICU and non-invasive ventilation.
- Pulmonary function testing.
- Sleep disorders.
- Allergy and Immunology.
- Cardiopulmonary exercise.
Research / Publications
Part of his researches;
- Predictors of morbidity and mortality in mechanically ventilated COPD patients. Several data were obtained to help establishing Egyptian Guidelines for mechanically ventilated COPD patients.
- Role of CD15 in the Diagnosis of Lung Cancer. It aimed mainly to study new patterns in staining various types of lung cancer to help differentiation between them. It gave promising results regarding CD15.