The Pulmonology department is a subspecialty of the Internal Medicine department which specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of chest or lung problems including; asthma, COPD, sleep disorders, lung cancer, pulmonary fibrosis (interstitial lung diseases), chest infections, bronchiectasis, smoking cessation, pulmonary hypertension and so on.
Services provided by the department are as follows:
- Asthma Education and Management clinic (adults and pediatrics) every Sunday.
- Airway Inhalation Therapy (Ultrasonic Nebulization)
- Lung function testing (Measurement of Lung Volumes and Capacities, Carbon Monoxide Diffusion, Body Plethysmography)
- Allergy screening and desensitization testing (both environmental and food allergens)
- Overnight pulse oximetry for diagnosis and management of sleep disorders
- Bronchoscopy (Lavage, Biopsy, Brushing, Trans-cranial and Trans-bronchial Biopsy)
- Timely screening, diagnosis and management of lung cancer
- Oxygen therapy and Non-invasive ventilator therapy(CPAP, BiPAP)
- Pneumonia and other infectious diseases
- Pleural fluid aspiration (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Vaccinations for chest infections (Influenza & Pneumonia)
- Education and support for smoking cessation
- Tuberculosis and Fungal Respiratory Diseases