Al Zahra Hospital Dubai adopts Artificially Intelligence powered platforms to elevate patient driven communication and access to care Patients can now book instantly through WhatsApp
What is Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery, which includes Gastric bypass and other weight-loss surgeries, works by permanently re-setting the appetite and satiety signals that you receive throughout the day (feeling fuller on smaller meals). This is carried out through making permanent or temporary changes to your digestive system to help you lose weight. Bariatric surgery is used as an alternative method to losing weight when the primary treatments like diet and exercise have not worked.
Because of the change in appetite it becomes very easy to lose a considerable amount of weight. Bariatric Surgery has gained popularity over the years as Obesity rates have hiked. The group of surgical procedures are extremely helpful for people who’s weight is starting to affect their overall health and quality of life.
Bariatric Surgery is a quick and safe procedure don under
Beside surgery, the center offers non-surgical weight loss solutions including Gastric BALLOON (6 Types) & POSE procedure for people who don not wish to undergo surgery or are not fit for surgery.
Al Zahra Hospital Dubai offers all solutions for weight loss including surgical procedures to help people lose weight:
- Gastric Sleeve
- Mini-gastric bypass
- Roux-en Y gastric bypass
- Gastric band
- Revisional surgery if previous surgery in other centers has been unsuccessful
- Gastric balloon (all kinds- 6 Types)
- POSE Endoscopic weight loss procedures
The Al Zahra Bariatric program has the following unique qualities:
- A fast track program, based on European standards, meaning only one night in hospital and one week off normal activities
- Mobile access to bariatric team 24/7
- State of the art bariatric facility
- First center to offer all kinds of weight loss solutions ( surgical & non-surgical) under one roof.
Al Zahra Bariatric Unit – World Class, Safe Weight Loss Surgery right here on your doorstep.
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Cipeis a European and Turkish Board-certified physician. with more than 20 years of experience. He started his career in 1999, at Sisli Etfal Research and Education Hospital, Istanbul - Turkey, and worked in several reputed hospitals in Turkey.
- Dr. Girish Juneja is a leading bariatric/laparoscopic surgeon with 30+ years of surgical experience. He specializes in advanced laparoscopic/endoscopic and bariatric surgery, had his basic & advanced laparoscopic training from nine wells medical college , UK , diploma in minimal access(laparoscopic) surgery from France. Did his fellowship in bariatric surgery from Netherland & is also a international fellow of ASMBS, USA.
- Dr Andrew Jenkinson is a Consultant Surgeon specializing in the treatment of Obesity, Gallstones, Hernias, Heartburn and Abdominal Pain. Dr. Andrew runs regular clinics in both London and Dubai. In Al Zahra hospital he is a member of the Specialist Bariatric Surgery Team providing safe and successful treatment of Obesity. He will advise on the best procedure to help long term weight loss. In London he leads the Bariatric Surgery Teams in the world renowned London Clinic on Harley Street and the famous Wellington Hospital. He also works for the NHS, at the prestigious University College London Hospital (UCLH). Mr. Jenkinson has had extensive training in Laparoscopic (keyhole) Surgical Techniques in London, Europe and America.
- Dr. Abdulsalam started his career in Iraq where he practiced for 8 years in a number of reputed hospitals. Subsequently in 1990, he moved to the UK where he was attached to Withington Hospital. From 1991 to 1994, Dr. Abdulsalam continued his practice at the Tameside Hospital, UK where he took on multiple roles in the Orthopedics as well as General & Laparoscopic Surgery departments. After 1994, Dr. Abdulsalam moved to Iraq where he was the Consultant Surgeon and Professor of Surgery at a well-known University Medical College. In 2003, he continued his practice at a reputed private hospital in Abu Dhabi as the Head of Laparoscopic Surgery and Obesity center. At this hospital, he performed a number of procedures regularly which included Lap Banding, Gastrectomy, Roux En Y, Gastric Bypass as well as upper and lower endoscopies to name a few.
Dubai – September 2020 – A 68-year-old Indian man suffered a severe heart attack on early this September. After being rushed to a nearby hospital,