WHO WE ARE
Three decades of pioneering healthcare in the region
Welcome to the Al Zahra Hospital Dubai. We are a thriving regional independent healthcare provider, serving both the local and international communities residing in the UAE by providing personalized, attentive care in a state-of-the-art facility and world-class medical techniques that enable us to offer the very best care for our patients.
Our strategic objective is to ensure excellence in all healthcare services for our patients and the community and work hand in hand with other public and private hospitals to promote the Emirates and Dubai as a globally recognized destination for healthcare.
Highly Qualified Doctors
Our team of physicians comprises of highly qualified and experienced doctors from all over the world.
Research & Development
We invest heavily in R&D and pass on the benefit of our studies to the community and our patients
We employ some of the world’s most advanced technologies in our treatments.
A testament to our global recognition are the various awards and certifications we’ve recieved.
Every year we treat over 5,000 overseas patients from all over the world
Meet Our Doctors
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Professor Dornan Is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist with a sub-specialty in Maternal Fetal Medicine. Furthermore, she is the first specialist in Maternal Fetal Medicine from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of London to come to Dubai. A primary goal of hers is to normalize and personalize the experience for each patient and their family, so they can be assured that even though their unborn baby may have a potential birth defect, expert help can be found.
- Dr. Peter Baptista Jardin is an ENT expert with over 30 years of experience. Additionally, he has an expertise in nasal and sleep apnea surgery performing the first robotic transoral surgery in Spain, 2011, and has performed the only series of hypoglossal nerve stimulation in Spain. Throughout last 25 years, he performed more than 400 surgeries per year including endoscopic sinus surgery, anterior skull base surgery with reconstruction in conjunction with neurosurgery and ophthalmology.
- Dr. Rasha Alkhateeb is a Double Board-Certified Consultant in Emergency Medicine with more than 10 years of experience. She completed her master’s degree in Health Care Management from The Royal College of Surgeons as well as her certificate of training from the Emergency Medicine Residency Program, Dubai Health Authority. Her expertise includes adult and pediatric medical, surgical, and trauma cases, as well as toxicology cases. additionally, she has a special interest in teaching and postgraduate training.
- Dr. Simon Morkos is a Specialist Obstetrician and Genecologist with more than 25 years’ experience allowing him to provide excellent care. Additionally, he has worked in numerous prominent hospitals around the world including Lebanon, France, Russia, Spain and UAE. Dr. Simon is highly skilled in his respective field and continuously upgrades his knowledge and skills to offer the latest procedures and techniques.
- Dr. Gaurav Muktesh is a highly skilled Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist with experience of over 10,000 Endoscopic procedures and over 2500 endoscopic ultrasound procedures performed. He got his MD in internal medicine from Delhi University and further did his Gastroenterology Fellowship (DM Gastroenterology) from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGI) Chandigarh, which is a 2000 bedded tertiary care academic center of international repute. He then worked as a faculty at PGI Chandigarh and was a mentor to budding Gastroenterologists.
- Dr. Rania Elshaikh is a Dermatology Specialist with more than 12 years of experience in a wide range of Dermatological services from General Dermatology to Dermatosurgery and Aesthetic Dermatology. Additionally, she is a member of numerous societies including the Egyptian Medical Syndicate and the Emirates Dermatology Society. Utilizing the latest techniques and procedures, she ensures superior care and excellent results.
- Dr. Mahmoud Tabbal is a Consultant General, Hepatobiliary & Transplant Surgeon with extensive experience in the field for more than 19 years in USA, Canada, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. Most recently, he worked as the head of Hepatobiliary Surgery at King Fahad Specialist Hospital in Saudi Arabia. Dr. Tabbal is Jordanian board certified in general surgery and has received his advanced sub speciality training in USA and Canada through the American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) and the American Hepatopancreatobiliary Association (AHPBA). He is an active member in numerous societies, committees and associations including the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the International HepatoPancreatoBiliary Association (IHPBA)
- Dr. Mohammad Katranji is an American Board-Certified Consultant Pulmonologist specializing in Bronchoscopy and Thoracentesis. Through his 17 years of experience, he can treat all conditions of the lungs including critical and unique cases. Additionally, he is Board-Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine.
- Dr. Falah Al-Khatib is a Specialist Radiation Oncologist with more than 35 years of experience. He graduated from Ain Shams University and obtained his DMRT from the Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom, along with a Fellowship of the Faculty of Radiologists from the Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland. Additionally, he is able to treat cancer through a wide range of radiation therapy techniques as well as chemotherapy and immunotherapy.
- Dr. Heike Jacobs is a Specialist Neurologist with over 25 years of experience. She has held prominent positions in various hospitals from around the world including Germany, London and the UAE, gaining an expertise in all Neurological conditions. Additionally, she has practiced with numerous well-functioning hospitals, successfully performed on unique cases, and is a member of the Royal College of Physicians in London and the Aerztekammer Frankfurt in Germany.
- Dr. Deina Elshourbagy is a Specialist Obstetrics and Gynaecology with vast experience. She has previously worked in prominent hospitals, providing superior patient centered care for all women. She has a wide variety of skills, allowing her to treat numerous conditions in her respective field from high-risk pregnancies and obstetrical complications to labor and delivery.
- Dr. Narendra Prabhu is a Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon with over 26 years of professional experience in Trauma and Orthopedic Surgeries. He has also served 12 years as an Associate Professor and Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon, at one of India’s top 10 teaching hospitals – Kasturba Medical College. In the UAE, he has worked for JCI Accredited Multi Specialty Hospitals, and has many international publications to his credit. Additionally, Dr. Prabhu has a Fellowship in Spine from Queens Medical Centre NHS Hospital, UK, and is a member of numerous professional associations which include Dubai Orthopedic Club, International Trauma and Anaesthesia Society and Karnataka Orthopaedic Association.
News and Events
Updates from the healthcare and medical industry that you should be aware of
Our biggest reward is a fully recovered patient
Let’s get Social
Follow our Social media channels for news, updates and educational and informative content