WHO WE ARE
Three decades of pioneering healthcare in the region
Welcome to the Al Zahra Hospital Dubai. We are a thriving regional independent healthcare provider, serving both the local and international communities residing in the UAE by providing personalized, attentive care in a state-of-the-art facility and world-class medical techniques that enable us to offer the very best care for our patients.
Our strategic objective is to ensure excellence in all healthcare services for our patients and the community and work hand in hand with other public and private hospitals to promote the Emirates and Dubai as a globally recognized destination for healthcare.
Highly Qualified Doctors
Our team of physicians comprises of highly qualified and experienced doctors from all over the world.
Research & Development
We invest heavily in R&D and pass on the benefit of our studies to the community and our patients
We employ some of the world’s most advanced technologies in our treatments.
A testament to our global recognition are the various awards and certifications we’ve recieved.
Every year we treat over 5,000 overseas patients from all over the world
Meet Our Doctors
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Samit Gehani is a qualified Laboratory Director, with over 20 years of experience in his field. He specializes in Clinical Pathology, with an expertise in Biochemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Immunology and Serology. Prior to joining Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, he worked in numerous hospitals as a Laboratory Director and as the Head of the Laboratory Department.
- Dr. Amr Elzawahry is a distinguished Pediatrician with over 30 years of experience in the pediatric field. He started his practice and teaching career at the Ain Shams University Cairo. He continued his teaching career in Sohar Hospital University in Oman from 1996 till 2000. He Later became a Senior Specialist in Latifa Hospital, Dubai, covering the inpatient, outpatient, pediatric emergency, and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit for 14 years. In 2014, he joined Sheikh Khalifa General Hospital as a Consultant Pediatrician under the Ministry of Presidential Affairs. His most recent position was as Head of Department at a prestigious UK Hospital.
- Dr. Iskandarani is a highly skilled Consultant Pediatric Surgeon, with over 20 years of experience in his field. Specializing in a wide range of pediatric conditions from pediatric urology and neonatal surgery to hepato-biliary surgery and solid tumor oncologic surgery, he has carried out numerous uniquely successful procedures. Previously, he has worked as the head of pediatric surgery in two different hospitals in Lebanon and gained practice working as a pediatric surgeon in Paris, France.
- Ms. Christina Burmeister is a psychologist with over 10 years of experience, previously working as a school counselor, counseling psychologist, and clinical counselor. She gained a large amount of experience with various cultures and specialties, allowing her to diagnose, assess and manage a wide range of conditions from depression and anxiety to eating and panic disorders and much more.
- Dr. Sherif Fayed has worked as a respiratory consultant in Egypt and United Kingdom. He has outstanding experience in Respiratory Critical Care, chest infections, pulmonary fibrosis, pleural diseases. in addition to lung cancer early detection, diagnosis and most pulmonary procedures. Dr. Fayed holds more than 15 years of experience in the field of Pulmonology.
- Dr. Ed Ashtar is Triple American Board Certified, with more than 15 years of experience. He completed his fellowship in the USA in Medical Oncology and Hematology at the National Institutes of Health - Bethesda, Maryland. During that time, he was also the Chief of the Oncology fellows at NIH.
- Dr. Abner Rivas Abejo has over 15 years of extensive experience working as an Internal Medicine Specialist. Before joining Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, he worked in numerous hospitals in the Philippines, Singapore, Maldives and the UAE. He gained his M.D. degree in Medicine from Far Eastern University and then pursued a Specialist Training Course in Internal Medicine at East Avenue Medical Center.
- Dr. Farah Al-Ani completed her Family Medicine training in the UK and held positions in several highly regarded hospitals and Clinics. Throughout her experience in the UK, she worked in a large number of specialties including General Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, and Psychiatry.
- Ms. Magdalena is a DHA Licensed Clinical Dietitian with a Master’s Degree in Food Technology & Human Nutrition from the University of Warmia and Mazury of Poland. She has an experience of nearly 8 years in the clinical field and gained it through the Polish National Health Service by leading the department and treating all patients. In addition, she worked as a Senior Dietitian in a private company. When it comes to her vision, Dr. Magdalena wants to be able to take the dieting culture to a new level of wellness and to spread awareness about the power of food to improve health physically and emotionally.
- Dr. Dana Al Shakaa is a highly experienced dietitian. With over 10 years of experience as a clinical dietician, she has worked with a great deal of government hospitals in Dubai and Sharjah. An expert in her field, Dr. Al Shakaa excels in managing patients with chronic diseases and eating disorders. In addition, she also handles childhood nutrition. Currently, Dr. Shakaa works in Al Zahra Hospital Dubai as a Clinical Dietician.
- Dr. Ahmed Elnagar is a physiotherapist with 9 years of experience. Throughout his professional work experience he applied different therapy methods for the treatment of musculoskeletal cases, sports injuries, and neuromuscular disorders. Currently, Dr. El nagar is a physiotherapist at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai and a member of their taskforce team of clinical care program.
News and Events
Updates from the healthcare and medical industry that you should be aware of
Our biggest reward is a fully recovered patient
Let’s get Social
Follow our Social media channels for news, updates and educational and informative content