WHO WE ARE
Three decades of pioneering healthcare in the region
Welcome to the Al Zahra Hospital Dubai. We are a thriving regional independent healthcare provider, serving both the local and international communities residing in the UAE by providing personalized, attentive care in a state-of-the-art facility and world-class medical techniques that enable us to offer the very best care for our patients.
Our strategic objective is to ensure excellence in all healthcare services for our patients and the community and work hand in hand with other public and private hospitals to promote the Emirates and Dubai as a globally recognized destination for healthcare.
Highly Qualified Doctors
Our team of physicians comprises of highly qualified and experienced doctors from all over the world.
Research & Development
We invest heavily in R&D and pass on the benefit of our studies to the community and our patients
We employ some of the world’s most advanced technologies in our treatments.
A testament to our global recognition are the various awards and certifications we’ve recieved.
Every year we treat over 5,000 overseas patients from all over the world
Meet Our Doctors
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Layla Almarzooqi is a German Board-Certified Consultant Pediatric Endocrinologist with more than 15 years of experience. Through her many years of training and practice in the UAE and Europe, she can treat all conditions related to Endocrinology and Diabetes in children. She graduated from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland School of Medicine and Surgery and trained at the LMU University Clinic in Munich, Germany.
- Dr. Vipin Mishra is a Consultant Endocrinologist with vast experience of 35 years in clinical Endocrinology and medical teaching. Dr. Mishra was a Professor of Medicine & Endocrinology between 1985 and 2008 at GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, India. He worked in the UK between 1993 and 1994 as a Commonwealth Medical Fellow. Before shifting to Dubai in 2015, he worked as a Senior Consultant and Director of Endocrinology services at Fortis Hospital, Noida, Max Vaishali Hospital and Jaypee Hospital, Noida in India. Prior to joining Al Zahra hospital, Dr. Mishra worked as a Consultant Endocrinologist in Dubai for 6 years practiced.
- Dr. Abdulghani Pacha is a German Board-Certified Consultant Radiologist and Neuroradiologist with extensive experience in his field. Additionally, he has worked in numerous prominent hospitals in Germany, is a member of multiple societies including European Society of Radiology and German Society of Interventional Radiology and Minimal-Invasive Therapy and has achieved his fellowship at the Department of Radiology and Neuroradiology, Germany.
- Dr. Mahmoud Tabbal is a Consultant General, Hepatobiliary & Transplant Surgeon with extensive experience in the field for more than 19 years in USA, Canada, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. Most recently, he worked as the head of Hepatobiliary Surgery at King Fahad Specialist Hospital in Saudi Arabia. Dr. Tabbal is Jordanian board certified in general surgery and has received his advanced sub speciality training in USA and Canada through the American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) and the American Hepatopancreatobiliary Association (AHPBA). He is an active member in numerous societies, committees and associations including the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the International HepatoPancreatoBiliary Association (IHPBA)
- Dr. Mustafa Sabri is a Board-Certified Consultant Gastroenterologist with more than 25 years of extensive experience in his field. Additionally, he has two Fellowships of the Royal College of Physicians from Edinburgh and London along with being a member of the Royal College of Physicians, the European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the Jordanian Gastroenterology Society.
- Dr. Wedad Nabih is a Specialist Internist with over 25 years of experience. She graduated from Ain Shams University, where she also had her training experience. Additionally, she excels in Pulmonology, Internal Medicine, and Critical Care Medicine. She previously held prominent positions in leading hospitals including the Head of the Pulmonology Department.
- Dr. Chaudhri studied Medicine at the University of Cambridge and has been in clinical practice since 1992. He was comprehensively trained in cardiac and thoracic surgery in London and Scotland. He then super specialized in aortic, mitral and minimally invasive cardiac surgery and heart as well as lung transplantation during fellowships in Harefield and Freeman Hospitals in the UK and in MHH, Hannover, Germany. He has performed more than 5500 adult cardiac surgical operations and 900 major thoracic operations.
- Dr. Habiba Darafshian is board certified by the Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare in Dermato-Venereology and she is a member of multiple dermatology societies which include; The Swedish Medical Association, The Swedish Society for Dermatology and Venereology, Privatpraktiserande Dermatologers Forum and American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine. With more than 13 years of experience as a clinical dermatologist, she has worked in prestigious hospitals in Sweden such as Sahlgrenska University Hospital and Uppsala University Hospital.
- Dr. Ahmed Hassan is a Double Board-Certified Consultant Urologist with 30 years of experience in leading hospitals in Dubai and Germany. He has completed his education with a doctoral degree in medicine, majoring in Urology along with gaining extensive practice in the diagnosis and treatment of genitourinary diseases. Currently, Dr. Hassan works as the Head of Urology Services and Consultant Urologist with Al Zahra Hospital Dubai.
- Dr. Samit Gehani is a qualified Laboratory Director, with over 20 years of experience in his field. He specializes in Clinical Pathology, with an expertise in Biochemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Immunology and Serology. Prior to joining Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, he worked in numerous hospitals as a Laboratory Director and as the Head of the Laboratory Department.
- Dr. Amr Elzawahry is a distinguished Pediatrician with over 30 years of experience in the pediatric field. He started his practice and teaching career at the Ain Shams University Cairo. He continued his teaching career in Sohar Hospital University in Oman from 1996 till 2000. He Later became a Senior Specialist in Latifa Hospital, Dubai, covering the inpatient, outpatient, pediatric emergency, and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit for 14 years. In 2014, he joined Sheikh Khalifa General Hospital as a Consultant Pediatrician under the Ministry of Presidential Affairs. His most recent position was as Head of Department at a prestigious UK Hospital.
- Dr. Heba Ghazy is a Specialist Pediatrician and a member of the Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health, UK. With over 15 years of experience, she is extensively skilled in her field with interests in congenital and acquired heart disease, arrhythmia, rheumatic heart disease, chest pain and non-interventional cardiac procedures. She has worked with well-respected hospitals and a university as the director of Pediatric Cardiology as well as a lecturer of Pediatrics.
News and Events
Updates from the healthcare and medical industry that you should be aware of
Our biggest reward is a fully recovered patient
Let’s get Social
Follow our Social media channels for news, updates and educational and informative content