WHO WE ARE
Three decades of pioneering healthcare in the region
Welcome to the Al Zahra Hospital Dubai. We are a thriving regional independent healthcare provider, serving both the local and international communities residing in the UAE by providing personalized, attentive care in a state-of-the-art facility and world-class medical techniques that enable us to offer the very best care for our patients.
Our strategic objective is to ensure excellence in all healthcare services for our patients and the community and work hand in hand with other public and private hospitals to promote the Emirates and Dubai as a globally recognized destination for healthcare.
Highly Qualified Doctors
Our team of physicians comprises of highly qualified and experienced doctors from all over the world.
Research & Development
We invest heavily in R&D and pass on the benefit of our studies to the community and our patients
We employ some of the world’s most advanced technologies in our treatments.
A testament to our global recognition are the various awards and certifications we’ve recieved.
Every year we treat over 5,000 overseas patients from all over the world
Meet Our Doctors
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Heike Jacobs is a Specialist Neurologist with over 25 years of experience. She has held prominent positions in various hospitals from around the world including Germany, London and the UAE, gaining an expertise in all Neurological conditions. Additionally, she has practiced with numerous well-functioning hospitals, successfully performed on unique cases, and is a member of the Royal College of Physicians in London and the Aerztekammer Frankfurt in Germany.
- Dr. Deina Elshourbagy is a Specialist Obstetrics and Gynaecology with vast experience. She has previously worked in prominent hospitals, providing superior patient centered care for all women. She has a wide variety of skills, allowing her to treat numerous conditions in her respective field from high-risk pregnancies and obstetrical complications to labor and delivery.
- Dr. Narendra Prabhu is a Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon with over 26 years of professional experience in Trauma and Orthopedic Surgeries. He has also served 12 years as an Associate Professor and Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon, at one of India’s top 10 teaching hospitals – Kasturba Medical College. In the UAE, he has worked for JCI Accredited Multi Specialty Hospitals, and has many international publications to his credit. Additionally, Dr. Prabhu has a Fellowship in Spine from Queens Medical Centre NHS Hospital, UK, and is a member of numerous professional associations which include Dubai Orthopedic Club, International Trauma and Anaesthesia Society and Karnataka Orthopaedic Association.
- Dr. Mohamed Okelah is a Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon with more than 16 years of experience. He completed his medical degree and MD in Ain Shams University, Egypt, and obtained two fellowships of Peripheral Endovascular Intervention and Brunkwal Cologne Aortic Grafting, Germany. Additionally, Dr. Okelah is the co-founder of the Emirates Vascular Surgery Society and was elected general secretary of the Emirates Vascular Surgery Society.
- Dr. Tamer Zedan is an Egyptian Board-Certified Specialist Neurologist with over 15 years of experience. He completed his medical degree in Neurology in Alexandria university, Egypt, and is a member of several communities and organizations including the American Academy of Neurology and World Stroke Organization. Through his extensive experience Dr. Zedan can handle all Neurological Emergencies from stroke and multiple sclerosis care management to epilepsy and seizures.
- Dr. Amr Elzawahry is a distinguished Pediatrician with over 30 years of experience in the pediatric field. He started his practice and teaching career at the Ain Shams University Cairo. He continued his teaching career in Sohar Hospital University in Oman from 1996 till 2000. He Later became a Senior Specialist in Latifa Hospital, Dubai, covering the inpatient, outpatient, pediatric emergency, and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit for 14 years. In 2014, he joined Sheikh Khalifa General Hospital as a Consultant Pediatrician under the Ministry of Presidential Affairs. His most recent position was as Head of Department at a prestigious UK Hospital.
- Dr. Carlos Sanchez, Consultant Pediatrician, completed his bachelor’s degree in Medicine in 1992, with an extraordinary award for his qualifications. After completing his studies and receiving his medical degree, he worked for one year in the Spanish armed forces as a 2nd Lieutenant Doctor. Additionally, he did his Fellowship in Pediatrics from 1995 to 1998 in Cadiz University Hospital along with a Pediatric Allergies Fellowship from University Hospital “La Fe” in Valencia and learned about molecular techniques applied in allergy for 3 months in St Thomas Hospital, London.
- Dr. Layla Almarzooqi is a German Board-Certified Consultant Pediatric Endocrinologist with more than 15 years of experience. Through her many years of training and practice in the UAE and Europe, she can treat all conditions related to Endocrinology and Diabetes in children. She graduated from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland School of Medicine and Surgery and trained at the LMU University Clinic in Munich, Germany.
- Dr. Vipin Mishra is a Consultant Endocrinologist with vast experience of 35 years in clinical Endocrinology and medical teaching. Dr. Mishra was a Professor of Medicine & Endocrinology between 1985 and 2008 at GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, India. He worked in the UK between 1993 and 1994 as a Commonwealth Medical Fellow. Before shifting to Dubai in 2015, he worked as a Senior Consultant and Director of Endocrinology services at Fortis Hospital, Noida, Max Vaishali Hospital and Jaypee Hospital, Noida in India. Prior to joining Al Zahra hospital, Dr. Mishra practiced as a Consultant Endocrinologist in Dubai for 6 years.
- Dr. Abdulghani Pacha is a German Board-Certified Consultant Radiologist and Neuroradiologist with extensive experience in his field. Additionally, he has worked in numerous prominent hospitals in Germany, is a member of multiple societies including European Society of Radiology and German Society of Interventional Radiology and Minimal-Invasive Therapy and has achieved his fellowship at the Department of Radiology and Neuroradiology, Germany.
- Dr. Mahmoud Tabbal is a Consultant General, Hepatobiliary & Transplant Surgeon with extensive experience in the field for more than 19 years in USA, Canada, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. Most recently, he worked as the head of Hepatobiliary Surgery at King Fahad Specialist Hospital in Saudi Arabia. Dr. Tabbal is Jordanian board certified in general surgery and has received his advanced sub speciality training in USA and Canada through the American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) and the American Hepatopancreatobiliary Association (AHPBA). He is an active member in numerous societies, committees and associations including the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the International HepatoPancreatoBiliary Association (IHPBA)
- Dr. Mustafa Sabri is a Board-Certified Consultant Gastroenterologist with more than 25 years of extensive experience in his field. Additionally, he has two Fellowships of the Royal College of Physicians from Edinburgh and London along with being a member of the Royal College of Physicians, the European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the Jordanian Gastroenterology Society.
News and Events
Updates from the healthcare and medical industry that you should be aware of
Our biggest reward is a fully recovered patient
Let’s get Social
Follow our Social media channels for news, updates and educational and informative content