What is Dermatology?
Dermatology is the branch of medicine that addresses diseases and conditions that affect the skin, hair, scalp, and nails.
Some common conditions treated under the Dermatology umbrella include acne, eczema, psoriasis, skin allergies and skin cancers. A dermatologist can also provide Aesthetic services such as Botox, Fillers, Laser Treatments and more.
Dermatology Services Offered at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai
- Cosmetic dermatology
- Skin cancer
- Laser treatment for , vascular lesions and pigmented lesions
- Phototherapy including NBUVB for psoriasis, vitiligo and cutaneous lymphomas
- Skin infections (bacterial, viral, fungal , infestations)
- All allergic skin conditions (Eczema, Urticaria, food allergy)
- Inflammatory diseases (Psoriasis, Lichen planus, reactive conditions)
- Sebaceous gland diseases( Acne, Rosacea, Hidradenitis Supprativa, follicular disorders)
- Pigmentary diseases (Vitiligo, Pigmentation, Melisma)
- Dry skin, Xerosis, Ichthyosis
- Blistering diseases (vesicular conditions, bullous diseases)
- Skin rashes
- Hyperhidrosis (Excessive swearing of hands, feet and underarm
- Hair fall
- Alopecia areata
- Pediatric skin diseases
- Infantile skin diseases
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Rania Elshaikh is a Dermatology Specialist with more than 12 years of experience in a wide range of Dermatological services from General Dermatology to Dermatosurgery and Aesthetic Dermatology. Additionally, she is a member of numerous societies including the Egyptian Medical Syndicate and the Emirates Dermatology Society. Utilizing the latest techniques and procedures, she ensures superior care and excellent results.
- General Dermatology (including diseases of skin, hair and nails) - adults and Pediatric. Common dermatology conditions like acne, psoriasis, infections, vitiligo, and seborrheic dermatitis. Rashes and Allergies (urticaria), eczema. Skin cancer screening diagnosis and treatment. Mole mapping, treatment of moles and benign skin lesions. Biological therapy for various skin conditions like psoriasis, atopic dermatitis. Dermatological Rx like Phototherapy –for psoriasis, eczema, vitiligo, mycosis fungoides. Dermatological surgery for benign (warts, molluscum, moles) or cancerous lesions (BCC, Melanoma). Cosmetic Dermatology (chemical peels, non-ablative& ablative radiofrequency, Derma rollers). Lasers (Hair reduction, Skin Rejuvenation).
- Experience in general and common dermatological disease like Psoriasis, Lichen planus, seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff) and Urticaria, Dermatological manifestations of systemic diseases- liver, kidney and thyroid disorders, Acne treatment, Atopic dermatitis, Pediatric skin disorders, Viral Wart and plantar wart treatment, Hair & nail disorders, Treatment for Hair loss in Men & Women, Managing skin infections and sexually transmitted disease (STD), Ingrown toe nail – Medical & Surgical management, Skin tag & Corn management, Diagnostic skin biopsy and Excision of Skin Lesion & Medical cosmetology.
- Dr. Samer Kudsi is originally from Syria and is a Belgian Board Certified in Dermatology and STD, He has clinical experience in Belgium, South Africa, Saudi Arabia and the last 22 years at Dubai JCI accredited hospitals. Expert in Dermatology, Skin Surgery and Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) for males and females.
Fun Day at the Beach Turns to Nightmare for Tourist who Underwent Multiple Surgeries After Being Stung by Jellyfish in Dubai
Dubai, UAE (xx/xx/xxxx): A 55-year-old woman, C.K., from Switzerland visited Dubai during her vacation where she was stung by a jellyfish, leading to severe limb-threatening symptoms and complications. Due to the sting the patient had an extremely swollen arm with major blocked arteries, affecting its function
The Perks of the Relex Smile Procedure for Vision Problems with Dr. Sandip Mitra, Consultant Ophthalmologist
There are numerous laser eye surgeries out there, making it difficult to decide what the best option is. Laser vision correction is a decision that must be taken with high importance, since it has a large impact on one’s life and future. Being freed of your glasses or contacts is an exciting part of the whole process, however there are other steps and considerations that one should acknowledge