What is Dermatology?
Dermatology is the branch of medicine that addresses diseases and conditions that affect the skin, hair, scalp, and nails.
Some common conditions treated under the Dermatology umbrella include acne, eczema, psoriasis, skin allergies and skin cancers. A dermatologist can also provide Aesthetic services such as Botox, Fillers, Laser Treatments and more.
Dermatology Services Offered at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai
- Cosmetic dermatology
- Skin cancer
- Laser treatment for , vascular lesions and pigmented lesions
- Phototherapy including NBUVB for psoriasis, vitiligo and cutaneous lymphomas
- Skin infections (bacterial, viral, fungal , infestations)
- All allergic skin conditions (Eczema, Urticaria, food allergy)
- Inflammatory diseases (Psoriasis, Lichen planus, reactive conditions)
- Sebaceous gland diseases( Acne, Rosacea, Hidradenitis Supprativa, follicular disorders)
- Pigmentary diseases (Vitiligo, Pigmentation, Melisma)
- Dry skin, Xerosis, Ichthyosis
- Blistering diseases (vesicular conditions, bullous diseases)
- Skin rashes
- Hyperhidrosis (Excessive swearing of hands, feet and underarm
- Hair fall
- Alopecia areata
- Pediatric skin diseases
- Infantile skin diseases
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Habiba Darafshian is board certified by the Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare in Dermato-Venereology and she is a member of multiple dermatology societies which include; The Swedish Medical Association, The Swedish Society for Dermatology and Venereology, Privatpraktiserande Dermatologers Forum and American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine. With more than 13 years of experience as a clinical dermatologist, she has worked in prestigious hospitals in Sweden such as Sahlgrenska University Hospital and Uppsala University Hospital.
- General Dermatology (including diseases of skin, hair and nails) - adults and Pediatric. Common dermatology conditions like acne, psoriasis, infections, vitiligo, and seborrheic dermatitis. Rashes and Allergies (urticaria), eczema. Skin cancer screening diagnosis and treatment. Mole mapping, treatment of moles and benign skin lesions. Biological therapy for various skin conditions like psoriasis, atopic dermatitis. Dermatological Rx like Phototherapy –for psoriasis, eczema, vitiligo, mycosis fungoides. Dermatological surgery for benign (warts, molluscum, moles) or cancerous lesions (BCC, Melanoma). Cosmetic Dermatology (chemical peels, non-ablative& ablative radiofrequency, Derma rollers). Lasers (Hair reduction, Skin Rejuvenation).
- Experience in general and common dermatological disease like Psoriasis, Lichen planus, seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff) and Urticaria, Dermatological manifestations of systemic diseases- liver, kidney and thyroid disorders, Acne treatment, Atopic dermatitis, Pediatric skin disorders, Viral Wart and plantar wart treatment, Hair & nail disorders, Treatment for Hair loss in Men & Women, Managing skin infections and sexually transmitted disease (STD), Ingrown toe nail – Medical & Surgical management, Skin tag & Corn management, Diagnostic skin biopsy and Excision of Skin Lesion & Medical cosmetology.
- Dr. Samer Kudsi is Belgium Board Certified in Dermatology and STD, He has clinical experience in Belgium, South Africa, Saudi Arabia and the last 22 years at Dubai JCI accredited hospitals. Expert in Dermatology, Skin Surgery and Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
Alternative weight loss solutions have recently been gaining popularity. They have made the process of excessive weight loss easier and in addition alternative weight loss solutions significantly improve the overall health and quality of life for those struggling with obesity or being overweight. A recent procedure that is now on the rise, is the Elipse Gastric Balloon procedure.