Many men have concerns over prostate cancer as it is one of the most common cancers to occur in men. The disease is very present in our community, effecting almost 30% of men over the age of 50.
What is Family Medicine?
Family Medicine is the brand of Medicine that deals with one’s general health and the health of their whole family. Treating children and adults alike, a Family Medicine Doctor offers a range of medical services including preventive medical care & vaccinations.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai Our Family Medicine Department Offers Specialized care in:
- Acute Illness Management
- Adolescent Health / Teen Health
- Chronic Disease Management
- Community Outreach and Education
- Counselling Services
- Pre-employment Checkups
- Periodic Checkup (Well-Woman & Well-Man Care)
- Pre-marital Examinations and Counselling
- School Health
- Travel Counselling
- Flu, Cold & Fever
- Pediatric Care
- General Health Conditions
- Referrals to Specialized Medical Care
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Farah Al-Ani completed her Family Medicine training in the UK and held positions in several highly regarded hospitals and Clinics. Throughout her experience in the UK, she worked in a large number of specialties including General Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, and Psychiatry.
- Dr. Rami Sukhon has over 30 years of experience in Family Medicine and Occupational Health. He is dedicated to providing modern-audience based family practice helping patients with various conditions.
- He started his career at University Health Services at American University of Beirut in addition to his private practice in his own clinic in Beirut till he moved to Dubai Health Authority. In Dubai, he had been the doctor in charge of different health centers in primary Health Care and Co-director of Dubai Family Medicine Residency Training Program in Dubai Health Authority. Dr. Osman is an International examiner for the membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners & Arab Board. He is also a lecturer, clinical trainer & examiner in Dubai Medical College for Girls.
Diabetes is the most common metabolic disease worldwide, occurring in 20% of adults in numerous countries, and studies show that the number of cases is increasing exponentially. Diabetes is a serious health hazard as it occurs with long term complications that could damage many organs of the body overtime, if not managed well.