What is Nephrology?
Nephrology is the arm of medicine that deal with medical conditions of the Kidneys, preservation of kidney health, kidney malignancies and more.
You Kidneys are responsible for filtering waste substances, excess water, and other impurities out your blood stream. When your kidneys are not functioning properly, the waste substances remain in your body, causing a buildup of waste which will very negatively impact your health.
The Al Zahra Hospital Dubai Nephrology Department offers the following range of services:
Outpatient Nephrology Services
General Nephrology Clinics for assessment, investigation and comprehensive management of clinical conditions, including:
- Proteinuria (Protein in Urine), Hematuria (Blood in Urine)
- Acute and chronic nephritis
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Rapidly Progressive Glomerulonephritis (RPGN)
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Hypertension (including Resistant hypertension)
- Kidney stones
- Lupus nephritis (Systemic Lupus Erythematous- SLE)
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD) from stage 1-5
- Pre ESRD management – delaying the need for dialysis/ preparing for dialysis
- Preparing End stage Renal Disease (ESRD) patients for Renal Transplantation
Inpatient Nephrology Services
- Admission and treatment of patients with acute / chronic kidney problems who cannot be managed in the Clinics on out -patient basis.
Dialysis and Related Procedures
- State -Of –The – Art HEMODIALYSIS and HEMODIAFILTRATION (HDF) among ESRD patients on regular basis.
- Vascular access procedures
- Temporary Femoral Vein Catheterization And Catheter Removal.
- Temporary Internal Jugular (IJ) Vein Catheterization And Catheter Removal.
- Permanent IJ Catheter Placement and Permcath Removal.
- Arteriovenous Fistula (AVF) Creation
- Kidney Biopsies
In Intensive Care Unit
- Performing Hemodialysis, SLED (Slow Low Efficiency Dialysis), Intermittent Peritoneal Dialysis (IPD), And Vascular Access Procedures In Acutely ill, Unstable Patients With Severe Renal Failure, In ICU.
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Loai Eid completed Pediatric and Pediatric Nephrology Fellowship programs from the United States of America. He is certified from both the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Board of Pediatric Nephrology. His educational qualifications include the American Board of Pediatrics and Pediatric Nephrology, Fellowship of American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellowship of American Society of Pediatric Nephrology and Masters of Science in Health Science.
- Dr. Ahmed Ewaida is a Consultant Physician with 19 years of experience. He started his career in 2001, at the Central Hospital of the Medical University of Warsaw - Poland, as a physician in the department of Nephrology, specifically Dialysis and Internal Medicine, where he acquired his specialization in Internal Medicine & Nephrology.
Simple Rare Procedure by Dubai Doctor Allows Newborn Child to Recognize his Parents for the First Time.
Ophthalmologist performs a simple but rare procedure on a new born child to cure Peters Anomaly and prevent blindness Pupilloplasty, a more effective treatment to