A 35-year-old man successfully recovers from a heart attack with 100% arterial blockage at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai. The patient was brought back to a stable condition in just 19 minutes starting from the time he arrived at the hospital.
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a treatment to restore, maintain, and make the most of a patient’s mobility, function, and well-being.
Physiotherapy Department at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai provides excellent services to meet the needs of the patient population in outpatient units, inpatient units, and acute care settings – Intensive Care Units. It addresses impairments and disabilities resulting from complex trauma, musculoskeletal, neurological, cardio respiratory conditions, sports injuries and women’s health. Physiotherapy department will provide services to both adult and pediatrics groups where services are indicated.
We are committed to provide skilled and dynamic service through high quality standard of services and developing evidence-based patient – centered care in order to improve the quality of life of people with functional disabilities. Our services involve a holistic approach to the prevention, diagnosis, and therapeutic management of disorders of movement or optimization of function to enhance the health and welfare of the community from an individual perspective.
Our main goals are:
- To restore maximum physical and functional potential
- Address the psychological effects of the disability and to minimize the time it takes to return to daily activity.
We provide solutions for the following conditions:
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Orthopaedic Injuries and Post Surgical Rehabilitation
- Sports Injuries
- Spinal Short and Long Term
- Neurological Disorders – Stroke, Cerebral Pasy, Nerve Lesions,
- Myelopathies, Parkinson
- OG Rehabilitation – Prenatal and Post Natal
- Cardiorespiratory Conditions – Copd, Restrictive Lung Diseases, ICU Care
- Geriatric Disorders
- Neuromuscular Re – Education
- Strength and Endurance Training
- Oedema Control
- Pain Management
- Electrotherapeutic Modalities
- Interferential Therapy
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
- Laser Therapy
- Spinal Traction and Flexion Distraction Unit
- Hot and Cold Therapy
- Spinal Treatment
- Manual Therapy: Neural Tissue Mobilization, Trigger Point Therapy, Spinal Mobilization and Manipulation
- Peripheral Joint Mobilization and Manipulation
- Balance / Proprioception Training
- Flexibility Training
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Functional Mobility Training
- Bed Mobility, Transfers, Ambulation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation / Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Postural and Ergonomic Advice
- Gait Aid Prescription and Training, Exercise Equipment, Braces
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation
- Spinal Core Muscle and Pelvic Floor Muscles Training
- Patient Education
- Home Program
- Ergonomic Advices
- Postural Correction Techniques
- ICU Services, Inpatient Services
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Ahmed Elnagar is a physiotherapist with 9 years of experience. Throughout his professional work experience he applied different therapy methods for the treatment of musculoskeletal cases, sports injuries, and neuromuscular disorders. Currently, Dr. El nagar is a physiotherapist at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai and a member of their taskforce team of clinical care program.
- Dr. Rosemarie Mella is a senior physiotherapist who specializes in musculoskeletal pain, sports injuries, and Neurological conditions. She previously worked in the National Medical Center, Dubai, and Chiropractic Health and Physiotherapy Center, Dubai. Dr. Rosemarie currently works at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai as a Senior Physiotherapist.
- Dr. Amira Adel Kotb is a physiotherapist with more than 3 years of experience. She has work experience from two different facilities in Egypt and was also in charge of the rehabilitation of patients in the IPD, OPD, and ICU. Currently, Dr. Amira Adel Kotb works in Al Zahra Hospital Dubai as a physiotherapist.
- Dr. Aisha Khan graduated from MGM Institute of Health Sciences as a physiotherapist. She has over 4 years of experience at Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital, Mumbai, which is a JCI accredited hospital. Dr. Aisha Khan also worked as an independent physiotherapist and created care plans for over 16,000 patients. She was awarded as the best doctor in Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital for outstanding performance and excellent patient feedback.
- Dr. Mathias graduated from Manipal University as a physiotherapist and further specialized in musculoskeletal and sports rehabilitation. She has over 5 years of experience and has been a member of the Indian Academy Of Physiotherapy since 2017. Previously, Dr. Mathias worked as a senior specialist at Hitech Medicare Hospital, India.
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the leading cause of death last year was ischaemic heart disease, or coronary artery disease, which usually results
A sixty-eight-year-old Indian man undergoes rare life saving procedure after 90% arterial calcified blockage Intravascular lithotripsy opens the door for some difficult heart cases with