What is Radiology & Imaging ?
Radiology, also called diagnostic imaging, consists of a series of various tests that take images of different parts of the body. Most of the tests are distinctive allowing doctors to see inside the body and hence aiding with deriving the right diagnosis.
At AZHD’s we believe that the best road back to recovery is by having a comprehensive diagnosis.
Our state of the art Radiology Department offers the following range of services, for internal and external patients:
- Plain x-ray imaging
- Ultrasound: These unique ultrasound machines are equipped with color Doppler as well as Elastography which allows us to make a very specific diagnosis
- A 128-slice CT scanner in an ambient environment is capable of precisely identifying even tiny structures with low levels of radiation
- The Siemens MRI scanner is located in a beautiful ambience. This unique scanner has a wide bore making it extremely convenient for patients who may be claustrophobic
- The Mammography services are performed with the help of a digital Mammomat Inspiration Siemens machine in a low – stress environment
- Bone Mineral Densitometry – BMD
Fun Day at the Beach Turns to Nightmare for Tourist who Underwent Multiple Surgeries After Being Stung by Jellyfish in Dubai
Dubai, UAE (xx/xx/xxxx): A 55-year-old woman, C.K., from Switzerland visited Dubai during her vacation where she was stung by a jellyfish, leading to severe limb-threatening symptoms and complications. Due to the sting the patient had an extremely swollen arm with major blocked arteries, affecting its function