What is Robotic Surgery?
Robotic Surgery is advanced technology used to simplify the performance of complex procedures for doctors along with providing patients with enhanced results.
It is also referred to as minimally invasive surgery, where surgeons utilize small surgical instruments, connected to 3 or 4 robotic arms, to complete procedures through few small skin incisions.
This procedure also provides surgeons with high-definition 3D cameras that elevate the visuals and enlarge the structures of the surgical field. Through the Robotic Surgical System, surgeons will have the ability to control all robotic instruments along with the camera, leading to surgical precision, time efficiency, decreased medical costs and elevated effectiveness and efficiency in patient outcomes.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, we aim to transform surgical care in the whole MENA region by utilizing the CMR’s next generation Versius Robotic Surgical System.
With the help of Cambridge-based medical device company CMR Surgical, also known as Europe’s MedTech powerhouse, we have made the Versius Robotic Solution a part of our surgical procedures, improving recovery times, patient outcomes and doctors’ performance.
Robotic Surgeries Performed at AL Zahra Hospital Dubai
– General Surgery:
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Surgery)
- Inguinal, Umbilical and Incisional Hernia Repair
- Hiatal Hernia Repair for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Gastrectomy for Benign or Malignant Diseases
- Colectomy for Benign or Malignant Diseases
– Colorectal Surgery
– Urologic Surgery
– Robot assisted Bariatric Surgery
Benefits of Robotic Surgery:
- Better Precision
- Simplifies Procedures
- Greater Range of Motion
- Enlarges the Capabilities of the Surgical Field
- Extra Flexible Mechanical Wrists
- Quicker Recovery & Shorter Hospital Stay
- Little Incisions & Smaller Scars
- Fewer Complications
- Significantly Less Pain & Surgical Trauma
- Enhanced Outcomes
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Ahmed Hassan is a Double Board-Certified Consultant Urologist with 30 years of experience in leading hospitals in Dubai and Germany. He has completed his education with a doctoral degree in medicine, majoring in Urology along with gaining extensive practice in the diagnosis and treatment of genitourinary diseases. Currently, Dr. Hassan works as the Head of Urology Services and Consultant Urologist with Al Zahra Hospital Dubai.
- Dr. Mahmoud Tabbal is a Board Certified Consultant General Surgeon with more than 19 years of experience in USA, Canada, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. Most recently, he worked as the head of Hepatobiliary Surgery at King Fahad Specialist Hospital in Saudi Arabia. Dr. Tabbal is Jordanian board certified in general surgery and has received his advanced sub speciality training in USA and Canada through the American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) and the American Hepatopancreatobiliary Association (AHPBA). He is an active member in numerous societies, committees and associations including the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the International HepatoPancreatoBiliary Association (IHPBA).
- Dr. Maher A. Abbas is an internationally known colorectal and gastrointestinal surgeon with 25 years of experience in medicine and surgery. To date he has conducted more than 15,000 operations and procedures. He is the recipient of 29 honor awards including America’s Top Surgeons, America’s most compassionate Doctors, Super Doctors of Southern California, and Los Angeles Magazine Top Doctors. He is professor of surgery and he is senior examiner of the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery.
- Dr. Girish Juneja is a leading bariatric/laparoscopic surgeon with 30+ years of surgical experience. He specializes in advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgery, he is a Certified Surgeon of excellence for bariatric and metabolic surgery by IFSO. Dr. Juneja had his basic & advanced laparoscopic training from nine wells medical college UK , diploma in minimal access (laparoscopic) surgery from France. Did his fellowship in bariatric surgery from Netherland & is also a international fellow of ASMBS, USA.
- Dr. Cipe is a Professor of Surgery. He is a European and Turkish Board-certified General Surgeon, with more than 20 years of experience. He started his career in 1999, at Sisli Etfal Research and Education Hospital, Istanbul - Turkey, and worked in several reputed hospitals there.
- Dr. Muharrem Oner is a Turkish Board-certified Specialist General Surgeon, with more than 20 years of experience. He started his career in 2008, at International Acibadem Hospital, Turkey, and worked in several reputed hospitals there. Dr. Oner has conducted more than 2500 surgeries independently, including oncology surgeries, serving over 600 patients monthly. He developed a special interest in Endcorine Surgery including Thyroidectomy and Parathyroidectomy. He is an expert in laparoscopic surgery.
Fun Day at the Beach Turns to Nightmare for Tourist who Underwent Multiple Surgeries After Being Stung by Jellyfish in Dubai
Dubai, UAE (xx/xx/xxxx): A 55-year-old woman, C.K., from Switzerland visited Dubai during her vacation where she was stung by a jellyfish, leading to severe limb-threatening symptoms and complications. Due to the sting the patient had an extremely swollen arm with major blocked arteries, affecting its function