What is Robotic Surgery?
Robotic Surgery is advanced technology used to simplify the performance of complex procedures for doctors along with providing patients with enhanced results.
It is also referred to as minimally invasive surgery, where surgeons utilize small surgical instruments, connected to 3 or 4 robotic arms, to complete procedures through few small skin incisions.
This procedure also provides surgeons with high-definition 3D cameras that elevate the visuals and enlarge the structures of the surgical field. Through the Robotic Surgical System, surgeons will have the ability to control all robotic instruments along with the camera, leading to surgical precision, time efficiency, decreased medical costs and elevated effectiveness and efficiency in patient outcomes.
At Al Zahra Hospital Dubai, we aim to transform surgical care in the whole MENA region by utilizing the CMR’s next generation Versius Robotic Surgical System.
With the help of Cambridge-based medical device company CMR Surgical, also known as Europe’s MedTech powerhouse, we have made the Versius Robotic Solution a part of our surgical procedures, improving recovery times, patient outcomes and doctors’ performance.
Robotic Surgeries Performed at AL Zahra Hospital Dubai
– General Surgery:
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Surgery)
- Inguinal, Umbilical and Incisional Hernia Repair
- Hiatal Hernia Repair for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Gastrectomy for Benign or Malignant Diseases
- Colectomy for Benign or Malignant Diseases
– Colorectal Surgery
– Urologic Surgery
– Robot assisted Bariatric Surgery
Benefits of Robotic Surgery:
- Better Precision
- Simplifies Procedures
- Greater Range of Motion
- Enlarges the Capabilities of the Surgical Field
- Extra Flexible Mechanical Wrists
- Quicker Recovery & Shorter Hospital Stay
- Little Incisions & Smaller Scars
- Fewer Complications
- Significantly Less Pain & Surgical Trauma
- Enhanced Outcomes
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Cipe is a Professor of Surgery. He is a European and Turkish Board-certified General Surgeon, with more than 20 years of experience. He started his career in 1999, at Sisli Etfal Research and Education Hospital, Istanbul - Turkey, and worked in several reputed hospitals there.
- Dr. Girish Juneja is a leading bariatric/laparoscopic surgeon with 30+ years of surgical experience. He specializes in advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgery, he is a Certified Surgeon of excellence for bariatric and metabolic surgery by IFSO. Dr. Juneja had his basic & advanced laparoscopic training from nine wells medical college , UK , diploma in minimal access (laparoscopic) surgery from France. Did his fellowship in bariatric surgery from Netherland & is also a international fellow of ASMBS, USA.
- Dr. Ahmed Hassan is a Double Board-Certified Consultant Urologist with 30 years of experience in leading hospitals in Dubai and Germany. He has completed his education with a doctoral degree in medicine, majoring in Urology along with gaining extensive practice in the diagnosis and treatment of genitourinary diseases. Currently, Dr. Hassan works as the Head of Urology Services and Consultant Urologist with Al Zahra Hospital Dubai.
- Dr. Muharrem Oner is a Turkish Board-certified Specialist General Surgeon, with more than 20 years of experience. He started his career in 2008, at International Acibadem Hospital, Turkey, and worked in several reputed hospitals there. Dr. Oner has conducted more than 2500 surgeries independently, including oncology surgeries, serving over 600 patients monthly. He developed a special interest in Endcorine Surgery including Thyroidectomy and Parathyroidectomy. He is an expert in laparoscopic surgery.
Alternative weight loss solutions have recently been gaining popularity. They have made the process of excessive weight loss easier and in addition alternative weight loss solutions significantly improve the overall health and quality of life for those struggling with obesity or being overweight. A recent procedure that is now on the rise, is the Elipse Gastric Balloon procedure.