As we grow in age, it is expected for our body to lower some of its functions leading to increased risk of illness. As many
What is Urology?
Commonly known as Men’s Health services, urology deals predominantly with the reproductive health of men. Urology however covers a much bigger spectrum of services including male and female urinary tract kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra.
At AL Zahra Hospital Dubai our Urology Department offers the following range of extensive services:
Urology provides a complete consultant led service from the Emergency Room to the metabolic assessment and stone prevention strategy.
The main emphasis is on the use of a minimally invasive approach in order to minimize the recovery period and improve patient comfort.
Only the latest techniques are employed, including extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, percutaneous nephrolithotomy and ureterorenoscopy with laser.
The department is fully equipped and capable of providing a seamless treatment for all urological malignancies, starting from screening and diagnostics to terminal care. A multidisciplinary approach in consultation with oncologists is practiced where appropriate.
The physicians are capable of performing all major urological procedures, including radical prostatectomies, radical cystectomies (with or without neobladder reconstructions), and radical nephrectomies, including nephron sparing surgery where appropriate. In suitable patients, laparoscopic nephrectomies and partial nephrectomy are carried out.
Prostate Enlargement Unit
We offer the Green Light XPS system (180 watts) providing excellent ablative and haemostatic properties with minimal risk for our patients on a short term care basis. Full clinic evaluation of these patients with needed Uroflow, bladder scan.
Facilities are available to cater for a comprehensive range of reconstructive urology procedures. Urodynamic (and video urodynamics where indicated) can be performed. The department is capable of managing all types of urological problems, including incontinence, genitourinary fistulae, urethral strictures and neuropathic bladder.
Men’s health, Andrology and Infertility
Mens health evaluation including sexual function, prostate screening, and comprehensive andrology service is offered, ranging from diagnostic to therapeutic services. Full ranges of surgical services are available to manage these problems. These include surgical correction of penile abnormalities and penile implant.
Also different modalities for Treatment of varicocele, laparoscopic, and microscopic is available.
Close collaboration exists between the department and obstetrics and pediatrics. All types of disorders including antenatally diagnosed and congenital anomalies are treated.
- Stress Urinary Incontinence: Treatment options range from training of the pelvic floor upto the most modern Surgical Interventions on / within one day care basis.
- Urodynamic Studies: these studies differentiate the type of incontinence in order to select the right treatment for our patients
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Mohammed Istarabadi is a Consultant Urology Surgeon, certified by the American Board of Urology. A native of Iraq, he got his medical school qualifications in Dublin and New York. Dr. Istarabadi returned from Albany, New York where he specialized in Urology to the UAE in 1999. He graduated in Medicine from the Royal College Of Surgeons in Ireland M.B.B.Ch., B.A.O., L.R.C.P. &S.I.(N.U.I.) in 1987 and then he obtained a M.S. in Anatomy from the University College Dublin 1989. Dr. Istarabadi completed his General Surgery and cardiothoracic training in Dublin and became a fellow of the at the Royal College F.R.C.S.I. In 1992. He then moved to the United States of America to train in Urological Surgery in Albany New York and became American Board of Urology certified since1998.
- Dr Hosam Al-Qudah is a Board Certified consultant Urologist with Fellowship training from the United States of America. He has Jordanian and Arab Board of Urology since 2003 and 2004 respectively. Dr Hosam started his residency training in in 1998 at Jordan University of Science and Technology and the American University Hospital in Beirut. He then moved to the United States of America to have subspecialty training in Reconstructive Urology from Wayne State University and Transplant Surgery in University of Maryland. He did his third fellowship in Uro-Oncology and advanced Laparoscopy at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida from July 2006 until June 2007.
- Dr. Alkasab started his career and training as a Uro-oncologist at Princess Margaret Cancer Center / University Health Network / University of Toronto, Canada in 2011, gaining a very comprehensive experience in diagnosing and managing (medically and surgically) Prostate Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Bladder Cancer and Testicular Cancer. He has two fellowships in Uro-oncology (clinical and research). Dr. Alkasab is a highly trained Surgeon In Robotic Surgery of the Prostate and PLND, completing his training in Princess Margaret Cancer Center, one of most famous Cancer Centers in the whole world of Cancer Institutions and the North American Society of Uro-oncology.
Al Zahra Hospital Dubai carries out UAE’s first Cochlear Implant Surgery done under Local Anesthesia 80-Year-Old man regains his hearing after undergoing Cochlear Implant Surgery