Dr. Ahmed Labib
- M.D. degree Orthopedic surgery and traumatology, Nov. 2001.
- M.Sc. Orthopaedic surgery and traumatology, Nov. 1998; graded Excellent.
- Resident of Orthopedic surgery and traumatology for three (3) years followed by (2) years an assistant lecturer in Cairo University hospital followed by (3) years consultant orthopaedic surgery and traumatology and department head in SGH-Riyadh hospital. (Vast experience in Traumatology including Spine, Pelvis and Acetabulum fractures, in Joint replacement and revision surgery for Hip and knee and in knee arthroscopy and sports injuries and low back diseases management).
- Orthopaedic registrar in Dar Al Fouad hospital (in collaboration with Cleveland clinic international) for 1 year.
- Special training in the Orthopedic surgery department at Munster University in Germany, and in Minden Kliniküm with an appreciation letter for outstanding performance in the Traumatology, arthroscopy and the Joint replacement units. (2000)
- Internship (house officer) in Cairo University hospital for 1 year, divided into 2 months training courses in general surgery, internal medicine, urology, emergency & orthopaedics, gynaecology & obstetrics and paediatrics.
- M.B.B.Ch.; Dec. 1994 graded Excellent with high honours; with an appreciation certificate from Cairo Medical Syndicate for outstanding achievement.
- General certificate of education examination (GCE); the University of London – school examinations board; graded (A) in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English Literature in 1988; plus, an appreciation certificate for excellent academic progress.
- Institutional testing program TOEFL score certificate in listening comprehension, structure & written expression and written comprehension with a total score of 89 %; Feb. 2001.
Consultant Orthopedic surgery and sports injuries and head of the department AL Zahra hospital Dubai since November 2014.
Consultant orthopaedic surgery Dubai Health Authority license (0036966) and UAE MOH licensed consultant (124306) with a scope of services covering trauma, hip and knee replacement surgeries (primary and revision) and knee and shoulder arthroscopic sports injuries surgeries.
Assistant Professor; Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology, Faculty of Medicine – Cairo University. (September 1996- September 2015) -Orthopaedic surgery consultant Al-Zahra hospital, Dubai since Nov. 2014 specialized in knee surgery including arthroscopic knee and shoulder sports injuries ligaments reconstruction, primary and complex revision hip and knee arthroplasty cases besides all traumatology and general orthopaedic surgeries.
Orthopaedic surgeon Saudi German hospital Dubai (Jan. 2013 till Nov.2014) specialized in knee surgery including total knee replacement and arthroscopic knee sports injuries ligaments reconstruction besides all traumatology and general orthopaedic surgeries.
Consultant Orthopedic surgery and traumatology; Saudi-German hospital-Riyadh and head of the department. (30 April 2002- 30 April 2005) with a certificate for high skill and accurate work in doing operations including Arthroplasty (primary and revision cases), Arthroscopy, Traumatology including fractures of the pelvis and acetabulum and low back surgeries.
Consultant Orthopedic surgery and traumatology; Royal Commission hospital- KSA. (2 May 2006 till Jan.2013 and renewable) specialized in knee surgery including total knee replacement and arthroscopic knee sports injuries ligaments reconstruction besides all traumatology and general orthopaedic surgeries.
Accredited Orthopedic surgery Consultant by SCFHS since Dec. 2006 till Sept. 2014.
Member in the centre for preservation and transplantation of musculoskeletal tissues in Cairo University hospitals.
DHA Consultant license DHA-P-0036966 AND UAE MOH Licensed consultant certificate no: 124306
Passionate about minimally invasive techniques especially arthroscopic sports injuries reconstruction with more than 20 years’ experience reviewing 6000 patients/ year with 200+ annually performed surgeries.
Internal & External Awards / Appreciations
- Awarded twice Doctor of the Year in UAE for outstanding performance in 2015 and 2017
- Awarded an inpatient surgical ward in my name in Ghana as a show of gratitude for the tremendous efforts
- Awarded as Al-Zahra famous doctor
- Receiving daily compliments and appreciation texts and messages on social media from my patients as a result of their immense satisfaction in the services I provided
Member of several professional societies and committees, including:
- Egypt medical syndicate as an Orthopedic consultant
- Assigned as an orthopaedic consultant by the Saudi council for the health specialists; KSA Orthopedic consultant by Dubai health authority and ministry of health; UAE.
- Member of the SICOT European orthopaedic society since 2004.
- Speaker in MENA Orthopedic Conference Organizing Society.
Publications and Research
- Essay on Posterolateral Instability of the Knee; submitted in fulfilment of Master of Science degree; approved and published.
- Thesis submitted in fulfilment of M.D. degree on Total Hip Replacement with Reconstruction of Acetabular Bone stock deficiency; approved and published.
- Several research articles published in Cairo University journal and in Egypt Orthopedic association journal, pan Arab journal and journal of bone and joint surgery on different topics, such as:Developmental hip; Acromioplasty in impingement syndrome; percutaneous sacroiliac screws in pelvic fractures; ORIF in fractures of the calcaneum; percutaneous pinning of distal radius fractures in children; percutaneous posterolateral discectomy in lumbar disc prolapse; Internal fix. Of neck femur fracture in the elderly; Bankart repair in recurrent Shoulder dislocation; PLIF versus PDN in degenerative disc disease; clinical outcome following double bundle arthroscopic ACL reconstruction; Uni-condylar knee replacement versus high tibial osteotomy; core decompression and grafting in hip AVN; Arthroscopic management of ankle impingement; Tight robe fixation of acromioclavicular joint dislocation; flexible intramedullary nails in children; DHS versus intramedullary fixation in Trochanteric fracture; ORIF of Tibial Plafond fracture; core decompression with grafting in AVN.