Dr. Ahmed Shabana
- Bachelor Degree-Cairo University-Egypt
- Masters Degree-Azhar University- EGYPT
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh-Scotland
- Fellowship of International Council of Ophthalmologist-Belgium
- Glaucoma Sub-Speciality from the International Council of Ophthalmology-Belgium
Dr Ahmed Shabana is experienced in medical and surgical management of all paediatric and adult diseases of the eye, with a specific interest in complex glaucoma and cataract surgeries.
Has a vast experience in refractive surgeries including PRK, LASIK, FEMTOLASIK, SMILE and is one of the most experienced in treatment of Presbyopia with LASIK, having performed the highest number of Presbyond LASIK corrections in the U.A.E.
He was raised in the USA after which he went back to his home country (EGYPT), to join medical college in Cairo University, where he got his bachelor’s degree. After that he took his master’s degree from Al Azhar University also in Cairo, after that he got his first training in Jules-Gonin Hospital in Lausanne-Switzerland.
Following that he came back to his home country again where he started the first Sub-Speciality Glaucoma Clinic In the Memorial Institute of Ophthalmic Research where it soon became the largest glaucoma clinic in the Country.
He later travelled to Scotland where he passed his MRCS in Edinburgh-Scotland, followed by Becoming a Fellow of the International Council of Ophthalmology, and later he got Certified as a Glaucoma Sub-Specialized doctor from the ICO.
He later travelled to the world known Ophthalmology Centre (I.M.O) in Barcelona-Spain where he got advanced glaucoma training. After that he moved to the UAE where he started his journey of providing premium health, where he underwent the first glaucoma surgery on a baby less than 7 days old.
- Eye lid diseases and management like chalazion and ptosis and dermatochalasis.
- Corneal diseases like pterygium surgeries and keratoconus management using cross linking or corneal rings.
- Refractive surgeries like PRK, LASIK, SMILE, ICL and Refractive Lens Exchange.
- Glaucoma surgeries for paediatric and adults including congenital glaucoma and surgical management using all kinds of MIGS and tubes and laser.
- Lens disease like cataract with management using Phaco with Monofocal, Toric, EDOF or Multifocal IOLS.
- Uveitis management.
- Retinal disease assessment and management.