Dr. Filippos Georgopoulos
- Graduate of University of Crete in Greece finishing his Gastroenterology Fellowship training in Athens General Hospital in Greece in 2000
- Clinical fellowship in advanced therapeutic endoscopy and Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) at Glasgow Royal Infirmary in Scotland where later he became Consultant Gastroenterologist up to 2003
In Greece, Dr. Fillipos was working as Consultant Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist for 10 years up to 2013 at Nikea General Hospital which is a tertiary Hospital in Athens. He was responsible for the advanced therapeutic endoscopy and ERCP lab performing annually hundreds of cases with complex biliary, pancreatic and gastrointestinal lumen procedures.
Dr Filippos Georgopoulos has also huge experience in treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease patients (Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis) working previously in a Gastroenterology Department which had been awarded by the Greek Ministry of Health as a referral center of excellence for Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.
- Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Problems includes Endoscopic Mucosal Resection of Large Colonic or Gastric Polyps
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Placement of Gastrostomy Feeding Tubes
- Dilation of Strictures
- Placement of Stents in Oesophagus, Stomach, Small and Large Intestine
- Haemostasis of Gastrointestinal Bleeding using various techniques
- Endoscopic Band Ligation for Oesophageal Varices
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Oesophageal and Anorectal Manometry
- Eradication Treatment of Barrett’s Oesophagus (HALO method, Duette method)
- Diagnosis and treatment of Coeliac Disease
- Motility Gastrointestinal Disorders like Oesophageal Achalasia
- Colonic Inertia
- Common GI problems like Gastroesophageal reflux
- Chronic Diarrhea
- Abdominal pain etc.