Dr. Miguel Ley Nacher
- Degree in Medicine – Universitat Rovira i Virgili
- Degree in Psychology – Universitat Rovira i Virgili
- Master – Unversitat Complutense de Madrid
- PhD in Biomedicine – Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Spanish Board of Neurology
- Spanish Board of electroencephalography and long-term video-EEG monitoring
Following his residency, Dr. Miguel pursued further specialization in epilepsy in the United States, where he trained in a renowned comprehensive epilepsy program known for its expertise in epilepsy-related neuropsychiatric disorders.
Since 2014, Dr. Miguel has been a valued consultant at the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) at Hospital Del Mar, where he has played a pivotal role in leading the epilepsy section across various departments including the emergency department, inpatient ward, outpatient clinic, and ICU.
Over the course of his 8-year tenure at the EMU and ICU, Dr. Miguel has gained extensive experience in a wide range of procedures including long-term Video-EEG (VEG), epilepsy surgery, intra-operative corticography, intracranial explorations utilizing the SEE methodology, LiTT, and radio frequency thermal ablation.
In addition to his clinical expertise, Dr. Miguel has contributed to the field of neurology through his research work, having authored several research papers.
Dr. Miguel’s exceptional qualifications and dedication to his field make him a valuable asset to the hospital and an excellent choice for patients seeking expert care in the area of neurology.
- long video-EEG, intracerebral
- EEG with the SEEG method
- Epilepsy surgery
- Acute and chronic strokes,
- Headaches, Dementia,
- Multiple Sclerosis,
- Movement disorders and the peripheral nerves.
- Brain tumors in collaboration with oncology and neurosurgery
- LiTT and radio frequency thermal ablation