Dr. Mohamed Raafat Okelah
Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon
Dr. Mohamed Okelah is a Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon with more than 16 years of experience. He completed his medical degree and MD in Ain Shams University, Egypt, and obtained two fellowships of Peripheral Endovascular Intervention and Brunkwal Cologne Aortic Grafting, Germany. Additionally, Dr. Okelah is the co-founder of the Emirates Vascular Surgery Society and was elected general secretary of the Emirates Vascular Surgery Society.
- MD Vascular Surgery, Ain Shams University, Egypt
- MRCS, England
- Brunkwal Cologne Aortic Grafting Fellowship (BCAGF), Cologne, Germany
- Fellowship of Peripheral Endovascular Intervention (FEIN), Kiel, Germany
- Master of General Surgery, Ain Shams University, Egypt
- Co-Founder of the Emirates Vascular Surgery Society
- Elected General Secretary of the Emirates Vascular Surgery Society (EVSS)
Dr. Okelah utilizes the latest surgical techniques and treatments to provide his patients with superior care and the best possible outcomes. Some procedures that he completed were first done by him in the UAE and the Middle east using new techniques and devices.
He is amongst the advisory board for multiple international medical equipment companies, helping to improve and innovate techniques and devices in vascular surgery.
- Limb Swelling, Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), Varicose Veins, Spider Veins and Telangiectasias
- Acute Limb Ischemia, Chronic Ischemia and Claudication
- Diabetic Foot
- Mesenteric Ischemia.
- Aortic Aneurysm and Dissection
- Vascular Access for Dialysis Patients
- Port Cath Insertion for Chemotherapy Patients
- Vascular Trauma (RTA, Gunshot, Stab, Cut and Iatrogenic)
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Endovascular Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques such as Intra Vascular Ultrasound (IVUS), Atherectomy Devices, Shock Wave Intravascular Lithotripsy, Thrombectomy and Thrombolytic Therapy for Acute Thrombosis of Vessels, EVAR and TEVAR for Aortic Aneurysms, AV-Fistula Salvage and Primary Assisted Maturation (PAM).
English and Arabic