Dr. Sherif Amer
Dr. Sherif Amer has more than 15 years of experience in management of complex heart conditions and diseases in adults. Trained at some of the finest institutes in the United Kingdom, United States and Egypt, his areas of special interest include advanced management of heart failure and Interventional Cardiology. He currently working as part of a team of three interventional cardiologists delivering an elective, urgent and emergency PCI service for the surrounding population of UAE. Currently also involved in delivering a program of Trans-catheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) and CTO.
- MBBcH, MRCP (UK), MSc, MD Cardiology.
- GMC registration with UK experience in deanery of East of England.
- Member of royal college of physician of United Kingdom.
- Medical doctorate of cardiology.
- Master degree in Cardiology, Ain shams University
- MBBch, Ain shams University
- Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh in Italy (ISMETT)
- Research interventional cardiology fellowship in catheterization, Ochsner Clinic foundation, USA
- ECFMG (educational commission of foreign medical graduate) certified
- More than 10 years’ experience
- Cardiac Catheterization and devices.
- Primary percutaneous angioplasty: Management of Heart attacks within 90 minutes by emergency opening of the blocked artery by balloon and metallic scaffold which help heart to recover perfectly.
- Bioabsorable coronary stenting: New technology stent completely absorbed by the body without leaving any metallic stent.
- Implantable pacemaker: Single chamber or single wire in one of the heart chamber. Dual chamber or 2 wires or Biventricular or 3 wires or leads Implanted under the skin under local anaesthesia.
- Chest pain, ischemic heart disease.
- Arrthymias :Abnormal heart rhythm
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Dyslipidaemia (imbalanced cholesterol /triglyceride)
- Heart failure
English and Arabic