AZHD’s Nephrology Department offers the following range of services:
- Out – Patients Department (OPD) – General Nephrology Clinics for assessment, investigation and comprehensive management of clinical conditions, including:
- Proteinuria (Protein in Urine), Hematuria ( Blood in Urine)
- Acute and chronic nephritis
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Rapidly Progressive Glomerulonephritis (RPGN)
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Hypertension (including Resistant hypertension)
- Kidney stones
- Lupus nephritis (Systemic Lupus Erythematous- SLE)
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD) from stage 1-5
- Pre ESRD management – delaying the need for dialysis/ preparing for dialysis
- Preparing End stage Renal Disease (ESRD) patients for Renal Transplantation
- In Patients Department
- Admission and treatment of patients with acute / chronic kidney problems who cannot be managed in the Clinics on out -patient basis.
- Hospital Wide Nephrology Consultations
Dialysis And Related Procedures
- State -Of –The – Art HEMODIALYSIS and HEMODIAFILTRATION (HDF) among ESRD patients on regular basis.
- Vascular access procedures-
- Temporary Femoral Vein Catheterization And Catheter Removal.
- Temporary Internal Jugular (IJ) Vein Catheterization And Catheter Removal.
- Permanent IJ Catheter Placement And Permacath Removal.
- Arteriovenous Fistula (AVF) Creation
- Kidney Biopsies
- In Intensive Care Unit
- Performing Hemodialysis, SLED (Slow Low Efficiency Dialysis), Intermittent Peritoneal Dialysis (IPD), And Vascular Access Procedures In Acutely ill, Unstable Patients With Severe Renal Failure, In ICU.