State of the art breast surgery with Oncoplastic reconstruction
State of the art breast surgery with Oncoplastic reconstruction by the highly qualified team, Gamma probe/ blue dye utilization, intra operative ultrasound with minimal invasive approach and outpatient/ Day care surgery using update international protocols.
Difficult cases of breast diseases are consulted by our “BREAST TEAM” which includes Breast Surgeons, Breast Radiologist, Breast Interventional Radiologist, Breast Pathologist, Medical Oncologist, Radiation Oncologist, Plastic Surgeon, Nuclear Medicine Physician, Supportive Team and Molecular Genetics Team , that meet regularly.
Plastic Surgery reconstruction, including Oncoplastic, implants, flaps whether rotation or free vascular flap, are integral part of our center.
POINTS OF INTEREST TO PATIENTS
- Small scar with oncoplastic reconstruction after segmental resection
- Lumpectomy, segmental resection, simple, modified radical, skin sparing, nipple sparing mastectomies
- Breast cancer screening, using digital mammogram and ultrasound
- Nipple surgery with microdochotomy or nipple reconstruction
- Breast cancer staging
- Patient can go home same day
- ERAS, Enhanced Recovery After Surgery
- No drains, drain training and charting
- Center of excellence in breast surgery
- Benign and malignant breast diseases
- Recurrent or metastatic breast cancer
- Breast digital mammogram, Magnetic Resonance
- Imaging (MRI), Ultra Sound (US)
- Clear localization of abnormal calcification with stereotactic biopsy, wiring, clips localization and vacuum assisted biopsies and excision
- Intraoperative frozen section evaluation
- Intraoperative ultra sound and mammogram evaluation
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy and axillary dissection, using blue dye and nuclear medicine
- Weekly multidisciplinary breastmeeting
- Second opinion in complicated cases
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy for locally advanced cases
- BRACA genetic test evaluation
- Genetic testing for familial conditions, and genetic evaluation
- Chemotherapy administration pre and postoperatively and hormonal treatments
- State of the art port placement
- Nutrition evaluations of cancer patients
- Breast cancer
- Early Detection of Breast Cancer
- Port Placement in Cancer Patients
- Nutrition in Cancer Patients
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS)
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Mahmoud Tabbal is a Consultant General, Hepatobiliary & Transplant Surgeon with extensive experience in the field for more than 19 years in USA, Canada, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. Most recently, he worked as the head of Hepatobiliary Surgery at King Fahad Specialist Hospital in Saudi Arabia. Dr. Tabbal is Jordanian board certified in general surgery and has received his advanced sub speciality training in USA and Canada through the American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) and the American Hepatopancreatobiliary Association (AHPBA). He is an active member in numerous societies, committees and associations including the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the International HepatoPancreatoBiliary Association (IHPBA)
- Dr. Chaudhri studied Medicine at the University of Cambridge and has been in clinical practice since 1992. He was comprehensively trained in cardiac and thoracic surgery in London and Scotland. He then super specialized in aortic, mitral and minimally invasive cardiac surgery and heart as well as lung transplantation during fellowships in Harefield and Freeman Hospitals in the UK and in MHH, Hannover, Germany. He has performed more than 5500 adult cardiac surgical operations and 900 major thoracic operations.
- Dr. Ed Ashtar is Triple American Board Certified, with more than 15 years of experience. He completed his fellowship in the USA in Medical Oncology and Hematology at the National Institutes of Health - Bethesda, Maryland. During that time, he was also the Chief of the Oncology fellows at NIH.
- Dr. Humaa is a South Africa Board Certified Specialist in General Surgery. Since she moved to the UAE in 2016, she has been working as a Specialist General Surgeon as a part of the Surgical Oncology Services Department at AZHD. Dr. Humaa is a member of Al Zahra Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary tumor board for breast cancer patients. She performs a wide range of breast cancer surgeries which include oncoplastic surgeries, sentinel lymph node biopsies with dual tracer marking, and Localizations for non-palpable breast lesions.
- Dr. Dorai Ramanathan is a highly qualified Oncologist from the United Kingdom with over 13 years’ experience in managing adult cancer patients. His expertises is in Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy for all adult solid tumors. His sites of special interest are Breast, Lung, Gynaecological and Colon cancer. He has experience in prescribing Chemotherapy, targeted treatment and Immunotherapy. He is also a qualified Radiation Oncologist from UK, and is an expert in delivering treatment in techniques such as IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy) and IGRT (Image Guided Radiotherapy).
- Dr. Muharrem Oner is a Turkish Board-certified Specialist General Surgeon, with more than 20 years of experience. He started his career in 2008, at International Acibadem Hospital, Turkey, and worked in several reputed hospitals there. Dr. Oner has conducted more than 2500 surgeries independently, including oncology surgeries, serving over 600 patients monthly. He developed a special interest in Endcorine Surgery including Thyroidectomy and Parathyroidectomy. He is an expert in laparoscopic surgery.
- Dr. Issam Alachkar is an European Board certified ENT Consultant with over 20 years of experience. He is an experienced Head and Neck Surgeon with remarkable clinical practice in diagnosing and treating diseases of the ears, nose, sinuses, larynx, mouth and throat and the structures of the neck and face. He is affliated to various medical associations including Inter-American Association of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery as well as Syrian Society of ENT and Head and Neck Surgery. He has attended many conferences, courses and symposia both local and international setting.
- Dr. Khaled Kouteich is a French Board-Certified Consultant in Gynecology, Graduated from Paris 5 University in 2002. He moved to U.A.E in 2009 and specializes in Gynecological Oncology. Known as one of the best Gynecological Oncologists in his field, Dr. Kouteich treats his patients through advanced medical care, respect & empathy.
- Dr. Al-Jumaily is an enthusiastic highly skilled Neurosurgeon with a cumulative clinical and research experience of more than 22 years in the UK, France, and UAE. His distinguished career combines academic professorship at Liverpool John Moores University clinical neurosurgery, leadership, and management practice, clinical research, and medical education program. He has published tens of journal articles and has given presentations at renowned International Conferences. Since 2019, he has been nominated as the Chairman of the Development and Academic Committees of the American Board of Regenerative Medicine.
- Dr. Cipe is a Professor of Surgery. He is a European and Turkish Board-certified General Surgeon, with more than 20 years of experience. He started his career in 1999, at Sisli Etfal Research and Education Hospital, Istanbul - Turkey, and worked in several reputed hospitals there.
- Dr. Abizer Kapadia is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon holding extensive experience in U.K, UAE and India. To follow his dreams of endowing self-confidence by enriching one’s beauty, Dr. Abizer undertook his MCh studies in Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery from the esteemed Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India. He pursued the course on DNB – Plastic Surgery from the National Board of Examinations (NBE), an autonomous body under India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. In addition, Dr. Abizer also effectuated his Microsurgical Reconstruction Fellowship from the acclaimed Tata Medical Center, Kolkata, India.
- Dr. Alkasab started his career and training as a Uro-oncologist at Princess Margaret Cancer Center / University Health Network / University of Toronto, Canada in 2011, gaining a very comprehensive experience in diagnosing and managing (medically and surgically) Prostate Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Bladder Cancer and Testicular Cancer. He has two fellowships in Uro-oncology (clinical and research). Dr. Alkasab is a highly trained Surgeon In Robotic Surgery of the Prostate and PLND, completing his training in Princess Margaret Cancer Center, one of most famous Cancer Centers in the whole world of Cancer Institutions and the North American Society of Uro-oncology.
Blogs, guides, videos and other downloadable resources
Simple Rare Procedure by Dubai Doctor Allows Newborn Child to Recognize his Parents for the First Time.
Ophthalmologist performs a simple but rare procedure on a new born child to cure Peters Anomaly and prevent blindness Pupilloplasty, a more effective treatment to