Nose & Sinus Clinic
Nasal Problems Consultations
Daily around 10,000 liters of air travels through our nose.
Recurrent infection, enlargement of nasal turbinates or deviation of the nasal septum will reduce the nasal airflow and the ventilation of the sinuses.
The main functions of smell, humidifying, filtering & warming will be altered. The goal of treatment is to reestablish normal nasal function again.
Nasal Problems Consultations
It is advised to visit our Experts if you are concerned about:
- Reduced nasal breathing
- Loss of smell sensation
- Pressure or pain around sinuses
- Ongoing nasal discharge
At AZHD we offer a full range of surgical procedures for Nose and Sinus problems.:
- Advanced sinus surgery using newest navigation system
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Turboplasty – reduction of the nasal turbinate’s size
- Diagnostic Nasal endoscopy
- Septoplasty – nasal middle wall correction
- Management of nasal bleeding
- Sleep endoscopy
- Snoring surgery
- Rhinoplasty (Nasal reshaping)
Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Sinuses are hollow cavities in your head. There are four groups of sinuses: frontal , ethmoid, maxillary and sphenoid.
They communicate vie narrow passages called ostia with nasal cavity. They naturally produce mucus, which is transported through the sties into the nasal cavity. The goal of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (ESS) is to reopen sinus ventilation and their “drainage” function after becoming physically obstructed due to recurrent infection or by nasal polyps. Medical treatment alone (antibiotics and nasal sprays) cannot solve the problem. Endoscopic sinus surgery is highly successful at improving the symptoms of nasal blockage, runny nose and for certain facial pain.
The nose is partitioned in the middle by the nasal septum, dividing it into two nostrils. The nasal septum is made of cartilage and bone. Sometimes, due to injury or simply through natural growth it may be bent, buckled or deviated to one or both sides causing blockage by reducing the area available for air to flow through. An operation called Septoplasty is used to correct this abnormality in order to allow air to pass through either nostril more easily. The Septoplasty could be combined with Rhinoplasty, which is a cosmetic procedure aimed to improve a shape of your nose.
The procedure is performed internally, through the nostril without the need for external incision. There is no black eyes after the surgery & the outward shape of the nose is not altered.
The goal of the procedure is to trim these lower most “side cushions” on the sidewall of the nose to improve nasal airway – or to increase the ability to breathe freely through the nose. We use either of two new minimally invasive procedures, radiofrequency or submucous shaver depending on the nasal mucosa. Nasal packing is not necessary. Nasal drops are advised for a couple of days to maintain a clear nose. Patients are usually discharged two hours after the procedure. There are no black eyes, external incisions or change in shape of the nose.
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Yahia Kabil is a Specialist ENT Surgeon with over 50 years of experience. He is an experienced ENT Surgeon with remarkable clinical practice in diagnosing and treating diseases of the ears, nose, sinuses, larynx, mouth and throat. He is affiliated to various medical associations including Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh and the British Association of Otorhinolaryngologists and Head and Neck Surgeons, U.K. Dr. Kabil has his Postgraduate training with extensive experience in eminent British hospitals in U.K from 1976 to 1998.
- Dr. Issam Alachkar is an European Board certified ENT Consultant with over 20 years of experience. He is an experienced Head and Neck Surgeon with remarkable clinical practice in diagnosing and treating diseases of the ears, nose, sinuses, larynx, mouth and throat and the structures of the neck and face. He is affliated to various medical associations including Inter-American Association of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery as well as Syrian Society of ENT and Head and Neck Surgery. He has attended many conferences, courses and symposia both local and international setting.
- Dr. Annelyse Ballin is a Brazilian Board Certified Otolaryngologist (ENT), with a fellowship in the USA focused on nasal surgeries and rhinoplasty. Committed to providing the best and most updated treatment to each patient, Dr. Annelyse participates and speaks in Medical Conferences, and has been publishing multiples articles in American Journals, as well as Medical Book chapters. Dr Annelyse has vast experience in all pediatric and adults general ENT subjects, such as nasal obstruction, nasal allergies, septal deviation, nasal deformities, facial pain, sinusitis, throat pain, voice disorders, cough, snoring, sleep apnea, hearing problems, ear problems, and enlarged tonsils.
Blogs, guides, videos and other downloadable resources
Simple Rare Procedure by Dubai Doctor Allows Newborn Child to Recognize his Parents for the First Time.
Ophthalmologist performs a simple but rare procedure on a new born child to cure Peters Anomaly and prevent blindness Pupilloplasty, a more effective treatment to