Nose & Sinus Clinic
Nasal Problems Consultations
Daily around 10,000 liters of air travels through our nose.
Recurrent infection, enlargement of nasal turbinates or deviation of the nasal septum will reduce the nasal airflow and the ventilation of the sinuses.
The main functions of smell, humidifying, filtering & warming will be altered. The goal of treatment is to reestablish normal nasal function again.
Nasal Problems Consultations
It is advised to visit our Experts if you are concerned about:
- Reduced nasal breathing
- Loss of smell sensation
- Pressure or pain around sinuses
- Ongoing nasal discharge
At AZHD we offer a full range of surgical procedures for Nose and Sinus problems.:
- Advanced sinus surgery using newest navigation system
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Turboplasty – reduction of the nasal turbinate’s size
- Diagnostic Nasal endoscopy
- Septoplasty – nasal middle wall correction
- Management of nasal bleeding
- Sleep endoscopy
- Snoring surgery
- Rhinoplasty (Nasal reshaping)
Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Sinuses are hollow cavities in your head. There are four groups of sinuses: frontal , ethmoid, maxillary and sphenoid.
They communicate vie narrow passages called ostia with nasal cavity. They naturally produce mucus, which is transported through the sties into the nasal cavity. The goal of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (ESS) is to reopen sinus ventilation and their “drainage” function after becoming physically obstructed due to recurrent infection or by nasal polyps. Medical treatment alone (antibiotics and nasal sprays) cannot solve the problem. Endoscopic sinus surgery is highly successful at improving the symptoms of nasal blockage, runny nose and for certain facial pain.
The nose is partitioned in the middle by the nasal septum, dividing it into two nostrils. The nasal septum is made of cartilage and bone. Sometimes, due to injury or simply through natural growth it may be bent, buckled or deviated to one or both sides causing blockage by reducing the area available for air to flow through. An operation called Septoplasty is used to correct this abnormality in order to allow air to pass through either nostril more easily. The Septoplasty could be combined with Rhinoplasty, which is a cosmetic procedure aimed to improve a shape of your nose.
The procedure is performed internally, through the nostril without the need for external incision. There is no black eyes after the surgery & the outward shape of the nose is not altered.
The goal of the procedure is to trim these lower most “side cushions” on the sidewall of the nose to improve nasal airway – or to increase the ability to breathe freely through the nose. We use either of two new minimally invasive procedures, radiofrequency or submucous shaver depending on the nasal mucosa. Nasal packing is not necessary. Nasal drops are advised for a couple of days to maintain a clear nose. Patients are usually discharged two hours after the procedure. There are no black eyes, external incisions or change in shape of the nose.
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Peter Baptista Jardin is an ENT expert with over 30 years of experience. Additionally, he has an expertise in nasal and sleep apnea surgery performing the first robotic transoral surgery in Spain, 2011, and has performed the only series of hypoglossal nerve stimulation in Spain. Throughout last 25 years, he performed more than 400 surgeries per year including endoscopic sinus surgery, anterior skull base surgery with reconstruction in conjunction with neurosurgery and ophthalmology.
- Dr. Yahia Kabil is a Specialist ENT Surgeon with over 50 years of experience. He is an experienced ENT Surgeon with remarkable clinical practice in diagnosing and treating diseases of the ears, nose, sinuses, larynx, mouth and throat. He is affiliated to various medical associations including Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh and the British Association of Otorhinolaryngologists and Head and Neck Surgeons, U.K. Dr. Kabil has his Postgraduate training with extensive experience in eminent British hospitals in U.K from 1976 to 1998.
- Dr. Issam Alachkar is an European Board certified ENT Consultant with over 20 years of experience. He is an experienced Head and Neck Surgeon with remarkable clinical practice in diagnosing and treating diseases of the ears, nose, sinuses, larynx, mouth and throat and the structures of the neck and face. He is affliated to various medical associations including Inter-American Association of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery as well as Syrian Society of ENT and Head and Neck Surgery. He has attended many conferences, courses and symposia both local and international setting.
Blogs, guides, videos and other downloadable resources
Fun Day at the Beach Turns to Nightmare for Tourist who Underwent Multiple Surgeries After Being Stung by Jellyfish in Dubai
Dubai, UAE (xx/xx/xxxx): A 55-year-old woman, C.K., from Switzerland visited Dubai during her vacation where she was stung by a jellyfish, leading to severe limb-threatening symptoms and complications. Due to the sting the patient had an extremely swollen arm with major blocked arteries, affecting its function
The Perks of the Relex Smile Procedure for Vision Problems with Dr. Sandip Mitra, Consultant Ophthalmologist
There are numerous laser eye surgeries out there, making it difficult to decide what the best option is. Laser vision correction is a decision that must be taken with high importance, since it has a large impact on one’s life and future. Being freed of your glasses or contacts is an exciting part of the whole process, however there are other steps and considerations that one should acknowledge