Colorectal / Proctology
What is Proctology or Colorectal Surgery?
Proctology or Colorectal Surgery is a branch of medicine that is dealing with illnesses of the colon, rectum and anus. A Proctologist or Colorectal Surgeon is a general surgeon that has undergone further study in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions pertaining the colon rectum and anus.
AZHD’s Colorectal Surgery/Proctology/Colonoscopy Department treats patients age 5 to adulthood and offers the following range of services:
- Endoscopy: Colonoscopy, Polyp removal, Tumor resection without surgery, Treatment of colon narrowing, Treatment of colon inflammation, Stent placement, Treatment of surgical complications
- Proctology: Treatment of anal pain, hemorrhoids treatment including office based procedures, fissure, fistula, warts, sexually transmitted disease, human papilloma virus infection, dysphasia, anal tumor, hidradenitis suppurativa skin infections
- Pelvic floor conditions: stool incontinence (inability to control bowel motion), anal or rectal prolapse (protrusion), vaginal fistula, bladder or prostate fistula, difficulty with evacuation, solitary rectal ulcer, rectocele or vaginal bulge, pilonidal hair cyst disease, anal manometry, anorectal ultrasound, anal EMG and pudendal nerve studies
- Functional disorders of the abdomen: constipation, bloating, abdominal pain, heart burns, gas
- Cancer Treatment: Anal cancer, Rectal cancer, Colon cancer, Small bowel cancer, Sarcoma of the abdomen and pelvis, rare abdominal and pelvic tumors (Desmoid, Carcinoid, pelvic tumors)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease & Autoimmune Disorders: Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Polyps: Colorectal Polyps, Small Bowel Polyps, Polyposis Syndrome
- Diverticulosis and diverticulitis of colon and small bowel
- Wound and stoma management; ileostomy and colostomy care, abdominal and anal wound treatment
- Cosmetic surgery: anal and buttock reconstruction, skin tags excision, fat removal
- Laparoscopic camera surgery
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Cipe is a Professor of Surgery. He is a European and Turkish Board-certified General Surgeon, with more than 20 years of experience. He started his career in 1999, at Sisli Etfal Research and Education Hospital, Istanbul - Turkey, and worked in several reputed hospitals there.
- Dr Maher A. Abbas is an internationally known colorectal and gastrointestinal surgeon with 25 years of experience in medicine and surgery. To date he has conducted more than 15,000 operations and procedures. He is the recipient of 29 honor awards including America’s Top Surgeons, America’s most compassionate Doctors, Super Doctors of Southern California, and Los Angeles Magazine Top Doctors. He is professor of surgery and he is senior examiner of the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery.
Simple Rare Procedure by Dubai Doctor Allows Newborn Child to Recognize his Parents for the First Time.
Ophthalmologist performs a simple but rare procedure on a new born child to cure Peters Anomaly and prevent blindness Pupilloplasty, a more effective treatment to