The expression growing pains is well known, but parents should think of it quite literally when it comes to their children. A child’s body is
What is Endocrinology?
Endocrinology is the branch of medicine dealing with endocrine glands and hormones.
Diabetes is one of the most commonly diagnosed Endocrine disorder. This occurs when your pancreas, an endocrine gland, does not produce enough insulin, a hormone that helps regulate your blood sugar.
Our experienced team of Endocrinologists treat a wide range of endocrine related disorders through an integrated multidisciplinary approach working closely with physicians in various other specialties, to ensure comprehensive diagnosis and treatment plans for our patients.
At Al Zahra Hospital we treat a wide range of Endocrine disorders including:
- Fully comprehensive management of all forms of Diabetes
- Diabetes in Preconception Period and Pregnancy (Gestational Diabetes)
- Management of Diabetes related emergencies
- All forms of Pituitary Disorders / Tumors and Dysfunctions
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia (MEN Syndrome)
- Thyroid Disorders: Hypothyroidism (Underactive Thyroid),
- Hyperthyroidism (Overactive Thyroid), Goitre / Nodules
- Parathyroid Disorders: Primary, Secondary and Tertiary
- Adrenal Disorders: Addison’s Disease, Primary Hyperaldosteronism
- (Conn’s Syndrome), Cushing’s Syndrome, Pheochromocytoma
- Hypogonadism including Infertility, Erectile Dysfunction
- Neuroendocrine Tumours
- Obesity Management
- Lipid Disorders
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Hirsutism
- Calcium and Mineral Disorders, Vitamin D Deficiency / Osteomalacia
- Osteoporosis, Pagets Disease
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr Vikram Hundia is a Consultant Endocrinologist and the Lead Clinician at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai since 2013. Prior to joining Al Zahra, Dr Hundia had over 17 years of extensive experience in the UK including working as a Consultant Physician in Diabetes/Endocrinology in well-known NHS hospitals. He completed his Specialist training in Endocrinology from UK, having worked in leading tertiary centers and university hospitals like the Leeds General Infirmary, St James University Hospital and Royal Victoria Infirmary.
- Dr. Khaled is a Consultant in Diabetes and Endocrinology with more than 19 years of experience. He has worked in different Hospitals in the UK such as Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust and Salford Royal Teaching Hospitals after completing his specialisation training in Diabetes and Endocrine in the UK. Dr. Khaled has a strong clinical background and training in Endocrinology. He has a specialist interest in the care and management of complex Type 1 and Type 2 DM, Antenatal and Gestational Diabetes, Insulin pump technology, (pituitary, thyroid, adrenal disease), Miscellaneous Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders, Lipid Conditions, and more.
Dubai – September 2020 – A 68-year-old Indian man suffered a severe heart attack on early this September. After being rushed to a nearby hospital,