What is Endocrinology?
Endocrinology is the branch of medicine dealing with endocrine glands and hormones.
Diabetes is one of the most commonly diagnosed Endocrine disorder. This occurs when your pancreas, an endocrine gland, does not produce enough insulin, a hormone that helps regulate your blood sugar.
Our experienced team of Endocrinologists treat a wide range of endocrine related disorders through an integrated multidisciplinary approach working closely with physicians in various other specialties, to ensure comprehensive diagnosis and treatment plans for our patients.
At Al Zahra Hospital we treat a wide range of Endocrine disorders including:
- Fully comprehensive management of all forms of Diabetes
- Diabetes in Preconception Period and Pregnancy (Gestational Diabetes)
- Management of Diabetes related emergencies
- All forms of Pituitary Disorders / Tumors and Dysfunctions
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia (MEN Syndrome)
- Thyroid Disorders: Hypothyroidism (Underactive Thyroid),
- Hyperthyroidism (Overactive Thyroid), Goitre / Nodules
- Parathyroid Disorders: Primary, Secondary and Tertiary
- Adrenal Disorders: Addison’s Disease, Primary Hyperaldosteronism
- (Conn’s Syndrome), Cushing’s Syndrome, Pheochromocytoma
- Hypogonadism including Infertility, Erectile Dysfunction
- Neuroendocrine Tumours
- Obesity Management
- Lipid Disorders
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Hirsutism
- Calcium and Mineral Disorders, Vitamin D Deficiency / Osteomalacia
- Osteoporosis, Pagets Disease
Meet Our Team
Our team of highly qualified and experienced physicians drawn from across the world
- Dr. Vipin Mishra is a Consultant Endocrinologist with vast experience of 35 years in clinical Endocrinology and medical teaching. Dr. Mishra was a Professor of Medicine & Endocrinology between 1985 and 2008 at GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, India. He worked in the UK between 1993 and 1994 as a Commonwealth Medical Fellow. Before shifting to Dubai in 2015, he worked as a Senior Consultant and Director of Endocrinology services at Fortis Hospital, Noida, Max Vaishali Hospital and Jaypee Hospital, Noida in India. Prior to joining Al Zahra hospital, Dr. Mishra practiced as a Consultant Endocrinologist in Dubai for 6 years.
- Dr Vikram Hundia is a Consultant Endocrinologist and the Lead Clinician at Al Zahra Hospital Dubai since 2013. Prior to joining Al Zahra, Dr Hundia had over 17 years of extensive experience in the UK including working as a Consultant Physician in Diabetes/Endocrinology in well-known NHS hospitals. He completed his Specialist training in Endocrinology from UK, having worked in leading tertiary centers and university hospitals like the Leeds General Infirmary, St James University Hospital and Royal Victoria Infirmary.
Fun Day at the Beach Turns to Nightmare for Tourist who Underwent Multiple Surgeries After Being Stung by Jellyfish in Dubai
Dubai, UAE (xx/xx/xxxx): A 55-year-old woman, C.K., from Switzerland visited Dubai during her vacation where she was stung by a jellyfish, leading to severe limb-threatening symptoms and complications. Due to the sting the patient had an extremely swollen arm with major blocked arteries, affecting its function